cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router dropped then higher connection

willhome
Grafter

The other day my internet went down. First time since getting 8mb so cant complain and i was really trying to get it back up looking at my router restarting etc. After about 15-25minutes it was back and fine.

No problems Though my router use to sync at 6000kbps ish but now its on 8128kbps. Now im not complaining but can someone explain why it would do this?
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Have you been LLUd? If your up sync speed is higher than 448k, then you have.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

You are still on Max, so nothing has changed in terms of the product. Could be that there was a problem at the exchange, which has now been resolved.

Has the upstream sync increased also?
willhome
Grafter

not upstream still at 448 like its meant to be.

i know product hasnt changed. I just thougth once ten day period was over i wouldnt change speed again
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The way Max works is that every time you sync up it will calculate the best speed it can sync to, this will happen not just in the first 10 days, but ongoing as well. That way if anything changes with your line (or for example you have faulty equipment) the sync speed will adapt to the conditions (and if the sync speed goes up then the throughput will follow 3-5 days later).

Why the sync's suddenly gone from 6 to 8Mbps I don't know. Maybe when it sync'd a 6Mbps something was causing interference that isn't there now.