cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router/ 8mbs compatability

N/A

I have an Origo ASR8400 router, which I thought was able to do 8Mbs OK, but I can tget it.
My connection is enabled up to the max, but my router stats give my down speed as 2270, and up as 288kbs.
Can anyone confirm if this router is comp. wth BB max, or do I need a firmware upgrade, though I cant find Origo on the web anymore.
thanks
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hmm, something odd here. One part of the database is showing 8Mbps and another 2Mbps so it looks like the problem is our side/BT's side rather than with your router. I've put an order in BT to correct this, should be done in the morning.
N/A

somethings happened.

Thanks dave,
my router now shows 5760 down, 448 up.
setting aside the way broadband max takes a few days to sort itself out, is this the Max I will ever get (ie the line speed I have to the exchange).
down S/N is 7.2dB, line att. is 42.9.
Much better on up (26/24 respectively).
speed tests done show an average of about 1600kbs.
Should I see any further improvement?
Community Veteran

Looks like that's your limit as the DS SNR is at the 6dB min limit imposed by Max. You may get it up to 6K if you try reconnecting early in the morning when line conditions tend to be better and less contention occurs at the exchange. Also a better router may give you a few more Kbs as they do vary quite bit in dealing with bad/long lines.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Probably best to do a reboot once every day or two for the first 10 days but sync speed is probably about as high as it will get. Throughput will probably increase, it could be 1600kbps for a number of reasons so best to give it a few days before coming to any conclusions.

Also worth having a read through this:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

as any incorrect wiring can easily cause a lower speed.