cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remembering passwords

N/A

remembering passwords

Does anyone else have a problem when logging in.

when you login and it asks you for your username and password i have to keep putting in my password.
where has before i only had to put in my username and it automatically remembered the password?

this has only started happening since +net changed their homepage.

So why does this keep happening.
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: remembering passwords

> Does anyone else have a problem when logging in.
>
> when you login and it asks you for your username and password i have to keep putting in my password.
> where has before i only had to put in my username and it automatically remembered the password?
>
> this has only started happening since +net changed their homepage.
>
> So why does this keep happening.

Hi,

Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies and you can also try lowering your security settings. If the problem persists I would advise enabling auto-login in the Connection Settings area.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Saturn
Grafter

I've always found this an absolute bugger and previously have had to resort to deleting all previous history, cookies and temp internet files. Then I've found it necessary to use the PN auto login page and try different sequences of exiting IE and sometimes rebooting. In essence anything one can think of. This cannot be difficult to implement properly, so come on Plusnet, give us something easier.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> I've always found this an absolute bugger and previously have had to resort to deleting all previous history, cookies and temp internet files. Then I've found it necessary to use the PN auto login page and try different sequences of exiting IE and sometimes rebooting. In essence anything one can think of. This cannot be difficult to implement properly, so come on Plusnet, give us something easier.

Usually its down to a poorly setup IE security settings, or just a plain buggy IE after its been used/abused for months on end.

I gave up on IE last year and changed to Opera and have no login problems unless a site hasn't been optimised for Opera/mozzila etc.

So could be time for a windows reinstall or at least IE reinstall, if you saved the installation folder and exe.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Saturn
Grafter

Don't think that's the problem because I don't have these problems with other equivalent sites. It's the same on 5 PC's with different O/S and versions of IE. It is possible that the firewalls are causing the problem, but it is also possible to set up auto-login eventually, without changing the firewall settings.
N/A

i alos highly recommend opera which works great on +net's site
N/A

Can you post the exact URl of the page on which this is happening - Just cut and paste it out of your address bar and post it here...

With Regards,

Ian WIld
PlusNet Customer Support
Saturn
Grafter

> Can you post the exact URl of the page on which this is happening - Just cut and paste it out of your address bar and post it here...
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian WIld
> PlusNet Customer Support

http://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html
N/A

> http://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html

It's not that then.

Another thought - Is your system clock set correctly (Date and Time)? You might be getting timed out if it is more than 15 minutes out...

Sometimes people have the 12 hour clock selected and run in AM rather than PM!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Saturn
Grafter

The clock is fairly close and set to 24hr mode.

Once I've got a PC set up it's not a problem. It's just getting it to remember the login in the first place.