cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reliability of the service ?

N/A

reliability of the service in my eyes is as follows during peak time we all on a good line or server what ever makes sense to you now iv noticed from the time it changes to off peak they d/c us and add us all onto a over crowded line because up til then runs fine now me and few other people getting fed up with plus net team saying stuff like check your router setup ect why cant they just admit there at fault and no1 else not even bt exchange! seems to me personally plus net always using either us or bt exchange as escape goats wonder what bt exchange would have to input on this subject, any 1 has personal contact with any bt exchange to post there view's as to all the problems plus net seem to think btexchange currently having
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

If you're having problems with your connection then there are tests that have to be carried out to narrow down where the fault is actually occuring. There are only two times when we actually disconnect you. The first being during maintenance, and this is always announced in advance via the Serivce Status page. The second only applies if you're on Home Surf or Plus, and is the idle timeouts that only drop your connection if it is idle for 30 minutes.

If you are getting disconnected whilst using the connection, and there isn't schedualed maintenance, then it is most likely down to a problem on the BT side of things.
N/A

Re: reliability of the service ?

.... iv noticed from the time it changes to off peak they d/c us....

I've been noticing my broadband connection dropping in the period immediately surrounding midnight, but until others start mentioning similar issues, there is sometimes a tendency to just accept them as the occasional blips, from which any technology can suffer.

I seem to be experiencing an uncommon volume of dropped connections in the period, roughly, 23.55- 01.30, but have generally been able to re-connect immediately.

Maybe the Comms Team could advise, whether there are any known issues, for example, surrounding the switch from peak to off peak?

Edit- I only saw Jon's post, after posting myself.
JonathanW
Grafter

As far as I'm ware, there shouldn't be any reason for you to be dropped when the traffic management is changed over. As this is something that happens on the backend and you'd only see the change in speeds.

If it was down to the traffic managment, then you'd see other disconnections throughout the day, such as around 8am when the peak shaping is put back in place.
N/A

I try not to get out of bed before 8a.m., so am less likely to have experienced it :lol:

I think we'll have to wait and see if anybody else has noticed a similar issue, but mersback seemed to be suggesting the same as I'd noticed.

It's nothing more than a minor irritation at present (the stability of the connection itself has been the strong point of my experience since migrating to Plusnet) , and with the best will in the world, I accept that there are always likely to be occasional unexplainable blips.
N/A

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 1287641 2136757 0 374 12552 59:15:39

Seams to be working fine for me 59h15m, and the last outage was caused by a mains power failure.
N/A

I have noticed that come midnight my in-game pings suddenly shoot through the roof for a short time until i re-join the server again. Normal browsing or connection doesnt seem to have any adverse effects though.

I was kicked from a BF2 server the other day because at just gone midnight my ping went from 20 to 896 Tongue
N/A

The jump in pings could be simply due to a latency increase as all the throttled Premier accounts are unthrottled. This causes a surge in traffic as shown here. Or may some separate routing anomalies due to the changes in traffic shaping.
N/A

Re: reliability of the service ?

If you're having problems with your connection then there are tests that have to be carried out to narrow down where the fault is actually occuring. There are only two times when we actually disconnect you. The first being during maintenance, and this is always announced in advance via the Serivce Status page. The second only applies if you're on Home Surf or Plus, and is the idle timeouts that only drop your connection if it is idle for 30 minutes.

LOL nope wrong again my line and exchange box have been checked 100% working Ty my mate has been having same probs with plusnet and his line is working fine to, and it does seem to be after 12midnight all the probs keep happening must be put on a different line or some think to do with plusnet