cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referrals

N/A

referrals

On the issue of referrals and winning the R32 I wouldn’t bother. I recommended a friend who signed up with plusnet. After I and he both emailed customer service to confirm that I was the person who recommended him and referred him. They said that once he clicked on a ‘token’ it could not be changed and they couldn’t change it because it would start a ‘three way conversation’. Technology .. don’t you just love it, or is that just bad customer service and management .

I wont be going out my way to refer anyone else . CEO will get the R32 cos there all his tokens right …lol( sorry just hacked off)

PS Evening speeds are now 120kbps. Is this a case of when an isp gets too big it forgets how it got there in the first place.. its loyal customer base.

Come on Plusnet sort it out
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

referrals

It sounds like your friends referral when to someone else. Hence why PlusNet could not change it for you.

During the sign-up process he should have been asked for the username of an refer, but this field is automatically filled in if they have clicked on a banner advert.

My guess is that after you suggested PlusNet they did some research, and clicked on someone else banner advert. This places a cookie on their PC, which is used to identifying the referrer during the sign-up. Hence they get the money.

I known that PlusNet in the past have placed referrals onto accounts shortly after sign, but they understandably will not change referrers, as this could be abused.

Chilly
James
Grafter

referrals

This really isn't something that we should be changing. Chilly's made a suggestion how something like this could happen, although in the unlikely case of it being down to a typo, I imagine we'd take action.
N/A

referrals

LOL He got customer service an email after they requested it in writing. In it he confirmed my username and said that i was the person that signed him up. I have also done this from my side. Considering how we are both saying the same thing i fail to see how something could not be changed after the fact. Lets hear from this '3rd'person and start a 3 way conflab so this can all be sorted it out ?

I cant help feeling they washed their hands of this matter and left me thinking that i am not going to go out of my way to get people signed up to plusnet anymore.

Regardless, my friend who is on BB+ suffers from the same issue as myself(BB+).. peak time speeds of only 120 kbps. I also signed up my girlfriend (BB+) who also has the same issue during peak times.

I know its not going to affect Plusnets bottom line too much but if things dont get sorted quickly i might move us to another service. Consider it a protest vote.

Al
N/A

referrals

I think with PN in it's current state, the first question you've got to work out is whether it's worth losing a friend for the sake of 50p a month.....
N/A

referrals

too true ..which is why i think we might me moving together so to speak. Im the tech guy in my circle of friends.
N/A

Re: referrals

I recommended a friend who signed up with plusnet. After I and he both emailed customer service to confirm that I was the person who recommended him and referred him. They said that once he clicked on a ‘token’ it could not be changed and they couldn’t change it because it would start a ‘three way conversation’. Technology .. don’t you just love it, or is that just bad customer service and management .

I had more or less the same issue!

In the past I had referred people, and contacted support to have their account manually associated with mine - which was not a problem.

I recently signed someone up (a couple of months ago now)

During the sign-up process I didn't get an option to add my account details as a referrer: I didn't think it would be a problem, I just presumed I'd be able to contact support and have it sorted manually.

Sadly this time, the reason that I didn't get the option to add my account as the referrer, was because a cookie had already associated somebody else as a referrer.

The responses (even from the Comms guys) were that it is impossible to change the account to show me as a referrer.

The only way I can see that I have ended up with the cookie on my machine is through moderating these forums, and checking linked sites etc.

Great thankyou don't you think! Cry

Roll on March......
N/A

referrals

Another question re Referrals:

Is it still possible to collect referrals on a PAYG Dial-up account?

ie, could I migrate away, but still receive my referral payments, or are they lost?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

referrals

You still get them, you will be credited whenever the amount owed to you is £5 or over.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

referrals

Coolio - Cheers John