cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recently - connection keeps dropping off??

dannykos
Grafter

Hi all - connection was rock solid over christmas etc - but in the last 3 or 4 days, i can only maintain a connection for a short while - maybe 1 minute, sometimes more (up to 30mins) before all the lights on my Voyager 105 usb modem go out. I use an apple mac - incase that helps!! It could be a usb power problem, as even the power light goes off - and i have to unplug, then replug in the usb lead - which eventually gives me a connection again - but - as i said, doesn't last long.

I'm on PAYG.

any ideas?? or do i need to change the modem?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,
I had problems with this a couple of months ago, make sure its not a usb driver issue, you can try this by plugging another USB device into the port where your modem is situated. this should determine wheather its the modem itself or possibly the usb port. If its the usb port thats causing a problem, check your hardware devices and see if there are any updated drivers available for it. Hopefully this would be of some help.
N/A

are you getting the (can only describe it in this fashion) "du dum" "de de lum" noises you get upon insertion / removal of usb devices?
dannykos
Grafter

:lol:

"du dum" "de de lum"

I'm on a mac - and as such am not blessed with such noises - but other usb products seem to work fine in either port - so its not that. Its just weird that it was fine for a few weeks - but not anymore.

I have been getting a few kernel panics - but i thought this was due to the usb type problem - but maybe THEY are the cause and i need to do a reinstall of the system software?

hmmm.....
N/A

If that's the Voyager that also has an ethernet port do yourself a favour and use it. You must know usb modem drivers suck on Macs.