cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random disconnections

N/A

random disconnections

Last night for the second time in a week i got disconected half way through a game stranglely on the same day, i was online with 2 other plusnet users who also got disconnected,one of which still hasnt been reconnected.
Ive only just signed up to +net and its not a very good start..... Does anyone have an idea w t f is going on
:x
25 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

random disconnections

When you got disconnected last night, what happened to the synch light on your equipment? Did this remain solidly on, or did it start to flash?

If the latter is the case, then the first thing to do is disconnect everything from the phone line and plug it directly into the master socket, to see if the problem happens again. If it doesn't then it could be down to your internal wiring causing the problem.

If the problem persists after you've tried it into the master socket, then I'd advise you to raise it through to us using the automated faults checker, so that we can investigate further.

Similarly, if the light remained on yesterday, then I'd suggest that you run through the automated faults checker so we can check things on our side.
N/A

random disconnections

MY sync light stayed solid, and so did one of my friends who also experienced the same fault, i gave up and went to bed and this morning all was ok
But my friend is still offline with no connectivity at all but solid sync he has rebooted his router and repaired the connection but with no joy
btw he was the one that refered me to +net and is not a happy bunny :? :?
JonathanW
Grafter

random disconnections

Then in that case, the best advice would be to get your friend to contact support. Via the web if he has alternate access elsewhere, or if this isn't possible via the telephone support number.
_lecro_
Grafter

random disconnections

Hi... above mentioned friend here Evil

I phoned support last night and they answered after 10 mins ..... very quick last week it was 35 minutes...to be told the usual BS reboot router/system ect ect. then leave everything connected and we will test it over night :roll: :roll:

It seems pretty obvious that for 3 people all to be disconnected at the same time there has to be a problem with plusnet not my equipment....
I have been pretty happy with plusnets connectivity during the last couple of years even if the ccgi fiasco last year did get me a bit stressed..
dont tell me to try this try that... all i want to know is w t f is going on with +net and when is it going to stop messing paying customers about..

BTW while writing this i was randomly disconnected for a few seconds :shock:
N/A

random disconnections

I have exactly the same issue (has been happening for the past week, since the big bad tuesday!).

My connection is lost and the router (Linksys WAG54G) dsl connection light stays solid green indicating it is still connected. I have to reboot the router to get connected again (sometimes I have to reboot the router 2 or 3 times).

Any ideas? Or do I need to open a support ticket?
JonathanW
Grafter

random disconnections

Unfortunately, when it comes to disconnection faults such as this there is a set troubleshooter that has to be followed through in order to rule out as much as possible that could be causing it. Part of which is ensuring that the equipment has been rebooted, as there are some issues that can be solved by something as simple as this.

As for three people getting disconnected at once, this doesn't generally indicate an issue with the network, as when you look at the larger picture 3 people isn't that many out of 176000+ ADSL customers. Not that this is an excuse, just trying to answer your concerns. The best thing to do now is let the faults guys go through their testing to see if they can find anything.
_lecro_
Grafter

random disconnections

Well it seems thats 4 people now, i wonder how many others there are that dont read this forum :roll:

And your response is excactly what i expected,
3 or 4 people dont matter cus you have thousands that are ok :shock:
hopefully when i get home things will have been rectified but if this continues i will be requesting my MAC key asap and removing +net banners from all my sites.
I've been promoting +net for the last few years but feel unable to any more Evil
JonathanW
Grafter

random disconnections

Well it seems thats 4 people now, i wonder how many others there are that dont read this forum :roll:

And your response is excactly what i expected,
3 or 4 people dont matter cus you have thousands that are ok :shock:
hopefully when i get home things will have been rectified but if this continues i will be requesting my MAC key asap and removing +net banners from all my sites.
I've been promoting +net for the last few years but feel unable to any more Evil

That's not what I said, I was saying that 3 people getting disconnected at the same time isn't likely to indicate an issue with the network as a whole. If it was just a case of 'its only three people, it doesn't matter', then we'd not get anywhere at all. Your ticket is with our faults team so that they can investigate this for you, and it will get looked into.
N/A

random disconnections

I am having the same random disconnections with a solid sync light. CS cannot help me with any suggestions following testing the the line and going through the fault finding process. There is definately been something wrong at PlusNets end since last week problems.
vince
_lecro_
Grafter

random disconnections

Well i got home and still no connectivity Evil Evil

Reset router to factory settings rebooted, hard and soft boot ,repaired my connection and finally got a green light and still no phone calls from pn explaining w t f the problem was or even a show of good faith by making a reduction to my bill
I'm sorry we couldnt do that
:roll:

It seems we as paying customers have to just accept this non exsistent problem....

Then again,perhaps i'm being too cynical :shock: :shock:
Yea that must be it 3, no 4, no 5 people now have the same problem and we all have faulty equipment/phone lines ......AS IF :roll:

Please PN if you tell us there is a problem then we might just respect you for it Wink
N/A

random disconnections

I've potentially seen similar. My speedtouch 510v4 has booted up as normal, got sync, and then tried to get an end to end connection with PlusNet (eg: tried to connect to PN), just it sits there constantly trying and never connecting.

Thing is, after a while it'll connect. PN haven't been able to find any fault with my line, it's a mystery. I've checked/replaced filters, all sorts of things. On mine though the @ WAN light flashes between green and orange which signifies it trying to get a connection to the ISP, but it is syncronised with the exchange (and also shows it's connected at 2Mbps as expected).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

random disconnections

Hi,

If it's happening overnight then it sounds like BT maintenance work. My connection dropped last night around 1:30am because of maintenance work at my exchange. They'll do rounds of work at each exchange every few months which can knock people offline, but it's almost always done between midnight and 7am.

Best thing to do is if you're still in sync but can't authenticate is to power down for an hour and retry and it should reconnect straight away.
N/A

Same Here!!

Hello there!

Just to let the people having the problems know that they are not alone as I am having the same issues as you. I have been a very happy user for over six months but over the last week and a half it has been a nightmare with frequent disconnections, some times several disconnects a minute, other times I can get almost an hour before it resets!!!

I have tried new microfilters and even a new ADSL modem but the same thing happens??

I have raised a support ticket so I will post back what happens?Huh
_lecro_
Grafter

random disconnections

They'll do rounds of work at each exchange every few months which can knock people offline, but it's almost always done between midnight and 7am.

Nice theory but surely they arnt doing maintainence on all these different exchanges at the same time :?

8 now