cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raising a ticket

N/A

raising a ticket

Help - I know I need to raise a ticket but appart from calling support is there another way - I just cant see how to do it.

VOIP is at this time working properly - but now I have a nice new issue.

my bRAS profile was briefly 6000k - I have had a perfectly stable 6200k connection for days - and today suddenly the SNR has shot to the roof (20db on the downstream up from 9db ish) causing my connection to drop to 3000k and a new bRAS profile of 2500k!

Who can I verbally ear bash to get problems like this sorted out - most of the time the connection rate is around 5 meg - its not like I download LOTS of data but the rocket from 9db to 20db worries me greatly.

Any advice welcome.

EDIT: After a router reboot the snr is back at 9db - but I guess my bRAS is going to be stuck REAL low for a few days again Sad
8 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

raising a ticket

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

raising a ticket

Because it's the IP Profile that has gone down there is very little that Plusnet can do as that is something at the BT end. It should go back up within 3 days if your connection remains stable at the higher speeds. Your stable rate should follow not long after.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

raising a ticket

I have been through the selftest & raise a fault - but since I can connect and I can browse I dont get the option to actually raise any other kind of fault unless I am missing anything.
James
Grafter

raising a ticket

I'm sure there should be an option to raise a speed related fault.
N/A

raising a ticket

Because it's the IP Profile that has gone down there is very little that Plusnet can do as that is something at the BT end. It should go back up within 3 days if your connection remains stable at the higher speeds. Your stable rate should follow not long after.

I understand that PN cannot do anything but having my connection jump about *that* wildly causes me no end of grief with VOIP - after the router reboot the HUGE delays on VOIP are back - somthing has to be done and I am at a loss at who I need to prod to get it sorted out.

The fact is that occasionally the service does work - just most of the time it doesnt. I only use VOIP - I dont use my main line for anything and I would like it to stay that way - as things stand moving ISP is becoming my only option.
N/A

raising a ticket

I'm sure there should be an option to raise a speed related fault.

Of corse - but with your exhange on RED as mine is - you dont get the option of raising a ticket no matter what your problem after that.
James
Grafter

raising a ticket

To be honest with you, there's nothing that we can do about changing your bRAS setting, so raising a fault is essentially going to be a waste of time.

By design, it's set to amend after 3 days.
N/A

raising a ticket

naff downloads I can live with James, even bouncing bRAS profiles - but non working VOIP is really getting to me.

I have enough bandwidth to make it work - and yet it does not - HELP