cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"www.yahoo.com not found" So much for 'always on'

N/A

Whenever i start up my browser it has no connection because plusnet have turned it off due to inactivity, on top of limiting p2p, and capping on and off peak downloading.

Having to restart my browser 3 times until plus net decide im worthy of being connected again is not what i signed up for!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet have not enabled the idle timeout yet (if that is what you were refering to when you said 'turned off due to inactivity') so you will have to look elsewhere for the cause.

What ADSL equipment do you use?

If it's a router, they often have an idle timeout configured by default so you will need to find where that is set and disable it. Then see if the problem still exists.

Also check to see if the equipment has actually disconnected from PN by checking it's status and logs. The log may give you a clue where to look for the solution.

So before jumping to conclusions and blaming everyone else, check that it is not caused by your own equipment first.
Metalguru
Grafter

However, going on past form, they might have ......................... and not yet told their customer base.

I just don't trust them now-a -days.
Community Veteran

Whether you believe me of not on the idle timeouts you still need to check your own equipment which is likely to be the cause.

And if you do want any further help details about your ADSL equipment would help us help you.
N/A

Ill do that, and if they manage to maintain a connection for the rest of the day so I can actually post back here - Ill buy you a cigar.
Metalguru
Grafter

Whether you believe me of not on the idle timeouts you still need to check your own equipment which is likely to be the cause.

And if you do want any further help details about your ADSL equipment would help us help you.

petervaughan.
I am not questioning your integrity ..................... (never would, cos as far as I am concerned your one of the good guys).

Just +net's.
N/A

This may sound like a copout answer, but I'd check your DNS servers. I've seen a few people using incorrectly set DNS servers having issues resolving domains (in particular Yahoo) of late, refreshing the page (or reopening your browser) will usually try an alternate DNS server.

It's a long shot, but it could be your problem.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

@ruggedtoast,

There are no idle timeouts enforced on your account at present. Looking at our Radius logs your connectivity seems quite sporadic. Have you noticed the ADSL light on your router/modem go out or start flashing at all?

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵