Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"postmaster" mailbox alias & spam ...

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Since the recent spam issue, all the spam that I receive is addressed to my root mailbox - i.e. username@username.plus.com - in itself, this wouldn't be a problem as I can configure my mail client to only collect from specific mailboxes, unfortunately however, the root mailbox is the one that the "postmaster" alias points to; so if I don't check mail from the root, I won't get any mail from PN.

Is there any way to point the "postmaster" alias to a different mailbox so that I could re-direct all mail (spam) addressed to my root mailbox to a "black-hole" ?

~~~~~~~
Terry
10 REPLIES
N/A

See this guide Smiley
HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Excellent guide - just what I needed - many thanks Cheesy

~~~~~~
Terry
N/A

Thanks for the compliment! You're welcome Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

What about the situation where the spam are actually sent to the postmaster@..... address?
N/A

That's a whole different kettle of fish.

PN may provide the option in the future for the customer to specify a different email address (xyz@username.plus.com or otherwise) for them to use to contact the customer (and for automated emails) instead of the postmaster address. Alternatively, they could block external emails to postmaster and only allow emails from PlusNet to go to the postmaster address.
mapletree
Grafter

I think a solution to this is extremely urgent. The lack of an alternative undermines all the other precautions.
Mand
Grafter

See this guide Smiley

That's excellent.
Mand
Grafter

I think a solution to this is extremely urgent. The lack of an alternative undermines all the other precautions.

Hi,

We're working on this as part of our current spam project, and will be removing the postmaster requirement.
mapletree
Grafter

Good. I look forward to this.
emiles

Good. I look forward to this

Me too. Make it soon please, as I'm fed up with getting adverts for little blue pills!

But I do appreciate these things need to be properly tested before you roll them out to us so make it as soon as you sensibly can!!