cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Value add" additional IP's

N/A

Would it be possible to allow users to pay for additional subnets on their accounts?

:?:

Grant
18 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

You can get a 4IP block (2 usable) for free with no hassle. I think an 8IP block requires the completion of a RIPE form, and is also free.
N/A

Any idea how I do this?

Cheers,

Grant
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Raise a ticket giving a good reason for having extra IP's and you should get them. NB you are expected to know How to setup your router for them.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

For a 4 IP block then for most accounts we just need a valid reason why you need the IP's, for an 8 block we'll send you a RIPE form to complete.
N/A

Is this avalible on all accounts, or just business accounts?
csogilvie
Grafter

Not available on Home Surf, but is available on Homje- although 8 may not be, 4 definetly is.
N/A

Four would be ideal for me. What justification would be acceptable? Is 'I have four PCs on my network and want them to have thier own IP' be acceptable?

Can I choose what the IPs resolve to? Would there be any restriction on this?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

4 and 8 IP blocks are generally available (subject to justification) on all the accounts except Home Surf and Biz Surf.
N/A

When I wanted 8 ip block I was forced to change to biz account.

BEWARE, if you change to biz account for this, PlusNet expect you to start a new 12 month contract.
N/A

Forced as is hand up your back, or was even more force used?
lhorwath
Grafter

To be fair Malcm, you asked for some additional IPs, we said how many were allowed on the residential account you were on, you then asked us if you could move to a Business account to get more. We then advised you of the cheapest business account to allow this. I really don't think you were forced at all. I feel our IP management is one of the most customer friendly out of all ISPs. Most ISPs charge for one static IP.

however, we are looking at allowing extra IPs at a cost.

regards

Luke
N/A

Yes I wanted the extra IPs, but as I said the only way to get these were to change to a busines account. I don't belive my last post was in error

"Dear Customer

You are currently on a home account where the maximum aloud IP range is a 4 block, where only 2 are useable.

Do you still wish to update your account?

Regards,
(removed)"
N/A

That still isn't being forced.
N/A

That still isn't being forced.

As there is no other way of getting 8 IP addresses with +net what do you call it?