cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Telephone Number not found in database" - stoppin

N/A

"The BT Speed Checker in XML provisioning was unable to find the ADSL availability for the CLI number xxxxIt has generated the following error message
'Telephone Number not found in database'"

This is for my new house, which had a new line put in.

I've submitted the Move House request to plus.net, and they have happily told BT to cancel my ADSL next week, but have not submitted the new activation request through to BT!

Support call raised, but hopefully someone reads this and can kick it along Wink
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Looks like the BTdatabase hadn't been updated with your new number by the time the system tried to process your house move. The issue should be picked up by the provisioning team and sorted out for you. Though to make sure that it is, I've ade sure that its been brought to their attention.
N/A

Thank you for this!

Obviously my concern was the nasty scenario where BT happily cancelled my old ADSL, but then dragged their feet about activating it on the new number.

And of course there is the hideous possibility that the new number will not be capable of ADSL but I prefer not to think about that one!
N/A

Waah, I don't like the look of this !

"Open : The provide for this house move was rejected. Reason: Line Check for Max products inconclusive for Directory Number (Black no Data)"
N/A

It seems BT have now updated their database, so I presume this can now be pushed through okay?

"Telephone Number xxx on Exchange FRENSHAM

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 4Mbps or greater.

The actual ADSL Max line rate supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use, after which time the highest stable rate possible will be set.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest."
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, looking at that and checking on the status of your line in the BT ordering system, it would appear that the information has now replicated within their systems.

The response (Black no Data) from BT is simply their system saying that it doesn't contain information for that particular telephone number, something that is displayed in a more user friendly fashion using the checker on the BT site.