cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Surf" setting in Connection settings

N/A

Has anyone actually found the "Surf" option in the Connection settings control panel to work?

I've turned it on and re-connected. My BitTorrent speeds are 15KB/s same as before (Broadband Plus).

Or is the idea not to block P2P, but to throttle it to Plus speeds for Premier and PAYG customers :?:
8 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

The idea is to totally block P2P applications and it worked fine for me when I tried it a few months back. Submit a ticket to PlusNet if your having a problem with it and they should be able to sort it out for you.
N/A

Were you using default p2p ports when it worked for you?
MrToast
Grafter

Re: "Surf" setting in Connection settings

I've turned it on and re-connected. My BitTorrent speeds are 15KB/s same as before ... :?:

Not tried it myself, but I wonder if it takes time for the setting to promulgate the system.

Have you tried a further disconnect and re-connect now that its a while since you changed the setting?
N/A

I did turn my PC off for an hour after activating "Surf".

My torrent speed just went up to 180KB/s - I'm inclined to leave "Surf" turned on!
N/A

It dont work for me. limewire still works!
N/A

Well with me I would leave surf enabled and ban all p2p ports on the router. :lol: Get everyone brassed off and unable to connect to limewire kaazaa etc Wink A few months, I was on a PAYG account, my brother wanted connect to limewire and leave it on all the time :twisted:. So I banned him and he was totally brassed off Wink
N/A

The thing is, p2p ports are user definable. You could block the default ports in your router, but the user can still change the settings.
N/A

Yes, but i the user resets router/modem without knowing the router password, A hardware reset loses all settings inc username and password. So the user would not communicate with the intermet without calling CS.

But a 10 sec power reset keeps all settings . As my modem is seperate from my router, my broher did a hardware reset and I found out IP addresses changed to different users. Evil

But he was brassed off when he carried out a 10 sec reset, as I configured the router to ban all p2p connectivity and other computers to my network. :twisted: