cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Lost" e-mail

N/A

"Lost" e-mail

From my Outlook 2003 mail account stephen@atbs1.co.uk I have sent a test e-mail to switch@atbs1.co.uk. This latter address is not set up as a mail box or re-direct and therefore should arrive in my generic mail account "postmaster". However the e-mail is not arriving... therefore can anyone help / advise please?
10 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

"Lost" e-mail

Hi,

I have had a look at your mailboxes and rebuilt the default mailbox and your mail is now in there. there are quite a few waiting for you now, including I would hope a couple from me. Smiley

If there are any further problems please let us know.
N/A

Mailboxes

Hi Sami, thanks for rebuilding my mailboxes. I couldn't find any mail from you in postmaster@atbs1.co.uk. Moreover I could not find the emails addressed to switch@atbs1.co.uk either; so I re-sent and still nowt.. please help again.
sam
Grafter

"Lost" e-mail

Hi,

I have not sent any mail to the postmaster box, but I have just sent another test mail to switch@atbs1.co.uk (called test 1) and this has arrived sucessfully. I have also sent an external email which has not yet arrived but has not bounced.

Since the test was sent there have been a few more emails returned so it may be that you have missed my original emails. There appears to be quite a volume of mail going to the anything@ mailbox.
N/A

which mailbox?

Hi Sam,
Apols. if I seem dense here: I have logged on to atbs1+postmaster - there is nothing in there, and that where I expect mail addressed to switch@atbs1.co.uk to end up.

As it is not, then please tell me where the mail address is that you have sent and seen?
N/A

Solved it = +net fault

I have reviewed my e-mail accounts and have seen that my original mailbox has been restored... i'll leave it alone to grow and grow and cause the problems it has done so in the past. Plusnet is Really going to love this.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: which mailbox?

Hi Sam,
Apols. if I seem dense here: I have logged on to atbs1+postmaster - there is nothing in there, and that where I expect mail addressed to switch@atbs1.co.uk to end up.

If you have a mailbox called postmaster only mail addressed to postmaster at atbs1.co.uk and postmaster at atbs1.plus.com will arrive in that mailbox (unless you have redirects for other prefixes pointing to that mailbox).

All mail which is not for one of your named mailboxes will be delivered to your default mailbox (where you connect using an account name of atbs1 on it's own). If you don't have a mailbox or redirect called switch mail sent to that address will be delivered to your default mailbox.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

"Lost" e-mail

Hi elvin,
Thank you for your response it was appreciated. The problem was that my mailboxes were corrupted; samisimpson rebuilt them [Thanks]- and in doing so became "the most powerful person in the universe! - and destroyed my black hole.

Historically this was set-up to loose the 3,000+ spam e-mails being received daily - subsequently (twice in fact) +net staffers politely 'phoned me to advise that the size of this mailbox was becoming unmanageable; I pointed out that they had instructed me to set up the black hole originally and that, as far as I was concerned, no further management from me is needed.

The accumulation of such numbers of spam e-mails will again cause problems and my concern is
a)how did my mail account become corrupted?
b) when being re-built why wasn't the black hole replaced too?
N/A

"Lost" e-mail

I just thought that a staffer might have responded.... so await tomorrow.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

"Lost" e-mail

Unfortunately I can't answer the first question because I don't know why it happened.

To answer the second, at the moment the blackhole process is seperate to the actual mailbox so it was rebuilt it's not blackholed by default. If you raise a ticket we can add the blackhole again.
N/A

"Lost" e-mail

Hi Dave - thank you for your response.
I will raise a ticket.

However I comment that because there was / is a problem at your end - which I pointed out, because you overlooked it - I have to sort it out by ticketing you.

(Dave, the "you" above refers to your business not a personal you)