cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Idle Timeouts opt out" query

N/A

Apologies if this has been asked before .. I'm not clear about the "Idle Timeouts" page in the "Connection Settings" page of the portal. At the moment, when I click on the "Idle Timeouts" icon, I get a page with title "Idle Timeouts opt out", a paragraph of info, a link to a "FAQ" page, and an "Activate" button.

I vaguely remember visiting this page some months ago, but I can't remember if I actually opted out of Idle Timeouts at that time. The relevant page doesn't help now - it doesn't tell me if I've already opted out or not!

So what does the "Activate" button mean? If I click it now, will I be opted out, or will the click reverse the effect of a previous opt out?

And a related question:

Does anyone know what effect, if any, Idle Timeouts have on the on-going DslMax BRAS process? If Idle Timeouts are active and PN keep "breaking" the connection every 30 mins, does BTw interpret this as evidence of a "problem" line, and therefore instigate a new BRAS profile?

dtbrew56
4 REPLIES
N/A

afaik, BT only take regular sync loss as a line problem. For example, rebooting/power-cycling your router regularly during the day.
N/A

squidgey,

Many thanks for that info.

Now I wonder if some kind reader (CS person?) can address the first part of my question - why does that button (in the "Idle Timeouts" page) say "Activate", and not something meaningful like "Yes, I wish to opt out of Idle Timeouts"?

dtbrew56
James
Grafter

Hiya,

If it helps, you don't have idle timeouts applied, so ignore the button.

For everyone else, noone has idle timeouts applied to their accounts at this end.
N/A

Thanks, James.

dtbrew56