cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Huston" We Have a problem

N/A

Adsl connectiong going Nuts, since storm only effecting Plusnet customers I've had 5 phone calls in the last 20 mins connection keeps dropping...

next door on aol working fine so no problems with exchange ..
10 REPLIES
N/A

It could be specific to your line only.

Do you have any line stats for your own and neighbours lines?

Have you tried removing all phones & filters from the line, to see if that stops it?
N/A

Any admin bods wanna tell your CS guys to kick your servers I've bounced offline about 18times in the last 8 mins...
N/A

Re: "Huston" We Have a problem

Adsl connectiong going Nuts, since storm only effecting Plusnet customers I've had 5 phone calls in the last 20 mins connection keeps dropping...

next door on aol working fine so no problems with exchange ..

what storm?? lol
N/A

Done all the checks, SNR Margin currently around 13

holds for about 5 mins then drops, started around 8.30ish after the massive storm hit up this way, Girlfiends currently surfing off next doors broadband because this is up and down.

but I'v had a call from 5 other clients asking if theres a problem, they are currently on plusnet, our street wanadoo & aol connections working fine.

(Tried direct in phone line etc)
N/A

next door aol connection.

Attenuation (dB):60

SNR Margin (dB):7
N/A

7db SNR is very close to becoming unstable, I think the connection requires a minimum of 6db. Could be that your neighbours gear or wiring are slightly better than yours and that's why they managed to keep the connection going.

My SNR is usually >20db, but it drops significantly and fluctuates wildly when there are thunderstorms anywhere near (not necessarily overhead). The connection becomes quite flaky !

Looks like today's storms have missed this area...so far
N/A

Aint it just bizarre with her getting 7 and me 13,

but 5 of my clients called up with same problems so hence a plusnet problem for sure.

touch wood its not dropped in the last 20 mins so they may have fixed things.
N/A

grrrr

How many times do people misquote that.

What Lovell actually said was “Houston, we’ve had a problem here.” The problem was in reality a life-threatening crisis for the three astronauts on board the malfunctioning spacecraft, James A Lovell, John L Swigert and Fred W Haise.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1086505.cms
N/A

Not as many times as idiots talk about a quantum leap as a huge leap forward. That really gets my goat.

Then there's more muppets saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" instead of "a little learning".

Too little if you ask me!
moorhouses
Grafter

right yea... now I'm lost!

bout the network connection dropping - must be local to you cos if there was an exchange problem, plustnet wouldnt fix it anyway, they'd send out a BT engineer as BT own the lines.
(They also lease the lines to wanadoo, AOL, and all of the other bods.)