cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Contact Us" . . . How,exactly?

N/A

I sent a zip file from my work (Plus) account to my home (Plus) account today.

Quarantined. But that's OK. Notification email said "If you wish to retrieve this, you will need to raise a ticket via the "Contact Us" system on the portal website."

Fine. But where is it? It used to be easy to find 'Contact Us', but blow me, tonight, I just couldn't find it!!

Of course, a possible way to help customers when you change your Website around is to provide a clickable link to "Contact Us" in the email notification.........

I'll just take a floppy into work tomorrow then.

Paul
10 REPLIES
Snarf
Grafter

Contact Us is now Help & Support. There are a number of automated "helpdesk" options in there, however if your question is still not answered you can raise a query with the support team.
Community Veteran

Here is the link you require.

If it doesn't work then:

Click help & support at the top of this page
Email Setup, Spam, Webmail & News
Email Security, Spam & Viruses
Recover or Get Information on an Email we have Quarantined
N/A

You're wasting your time anyway.
I was sent an email which was quarantined, I asked plusnet to release it. They replied saying they have now released the email to me.
I replied the day after asking ok then, where the hell is this email which was quarantined, you say you have released to me. How do I retrieve it? Are you going to email it to me? Are you going to send it to me as an attachment to these messages? Where is it?
I sent them the same the day after, then the day after. After a week I gave up, they didn't bother to release it.

I posted yesterday PN, where has my open question disappeared to? WHY ARE LESS THAN HALF MY PLUSNET EMAILS NOT BEING DELIVEREDHuh
Why have you removed my open question?
I ain't opening yet another ticket, I am sick of doing that on this subject in the last few months.
YOU asked me for information, you got it. Now why haven't you done anything and where has the open question gone?
N/A

OK, Thanks guys for taking the time to try and help me.

But if the Plusnet advisory email had a clickable link I would have been saved time and hassle. It's an automated email so including a link can't be that difficult, can it?

The bottom line is that Plus should at all times be thinking 'How can we help the customer' and 'If we were in the customer's shoes how would we react to [whatever]?'

Paul
N/A

Unfortunately, PlusNet don't think like that.

They think more like:

'How can we annoy our customers today?'

and...

'How can we make it as difficult as possible for our customers to contact us?'
Community Veteran

I don't see how difficult it is to click 4 links from the portal front page

More like sheer laziness if people are complaining about it.

What's far more important than putting links in emails is getting the traffic management system working efficiently, getting customer support back on top form like it was a year or 2 ago with quick call answer and completion times and quick ticket turn-arounds.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But if the Plusnet advisory email had a clickable link I would have been saved time and hassle. It's an automated email so including a link can't be that difficult, can it?

I agree, but I think it pretty much sums up PlusNet when they dumb down the wording of 'tickets' to 'my questions'. I wonder what type of user they're aiming for? Oh maybe it's the less IT savvy one which uses less than 1Gb of bandwidth per month (or even per year) since it is cheaper?

They've done the classic thing of making raising a ticket more difficult to ensure the pre-scripted answers have been looked at first so a question/ticket might not be raised when it would have done, saving the resources on support. Fair enough, but what if we have an issue which we know doesn't fall under what is pretty much an FAQ?

Since the Comms team aren't on here anymore as they're dealing with the ticket queue (after being told weeks prior to this support times were getting better), it seems getting hold of anyone is an impossible task.

I guess taking a disk in the following day might be the best idea. Probably be quicker than raising a question, or even walking to work (assuming you have to commute).
N/A

But it ISNT difficult raising a question.

Click on 'Help & Support'
Click the heading under which your subject could apply:-

Customer Services & Billing
Sales & Orders
Technical Support
My Broadband Connection

(which have sub-categorys if you *WANT* to use them)

The VERY NEXT page has a box in which it says:-
get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here.
which is a clickable link that takes you straight into writing your question out.

The FAQs still are a good idea to walk though if one is applicable as it often has things to try or tells you things they would need to know in the question.
csogilvie
Grafter

The contents of the email have been raised for changing, I believe, so it should be clearer in the future.
N/A

PN do not want to hear from their customers with problems so they put as many difficulties in their way as possible. Proper web designers tell me that if something is more then three click away it's not a good design.

Why is there no escalation point if you need it. They are an ISP why do you need to send in a snail mail to complain about anything.

It all comes down to PN having some of the worst customer service that I have come across. Even BT are better ........