cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

queue jumping

willhome
Grafter

queue jumping

i asked about queue jumping at first word of order upgrades would be done in and told nothing was made yet.

is there now a way to queue jump e.g. paying 14.99? and who would it jump the 4 & 8 mb members i assume it wont but it should jump the payasyougo accounts correct??

if not would be possible for me to go to the higher option of 4mb account play extra 9-10pound then get upgraded to 8 then pay the downgrade fee £5+ vat that bt charge to go back to the 21.99account

that would cost me £15ish pound correct (assuming i got upgraded in first month of new account) yes or no?
7 REPLIES
N/A

queue jumping

queue jumping doesn't cost anything you just have to ask for it!! Be quick though, there's only a few days left to apply.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41647
N/A

queue jumping

It is also worth mentioning that the Queue Jump facility only puts you at the front of the Premier and BB+ upgrades and wont queue jump any other account.

We still need to wait for Plusnet to start upgrading all the PAYG members first also. Once this has been done ( will take about a month ) they will start by submitting the Queue Jumpers and then everyone else.

Also please note that by being on the queue jump list, you are not guaranteed to see an increase in speed anytime soon. Considering there will be thousands of people ahead of you I would rather more antisipate the actual upgrades taking another 2 - 3 monnths ( from now ) unless BT are seriously on fire and are actually getting their finger out.

Regards,
willhome
Grafter

queue jumping

what about my other idea, surely if im a 4/8mb account package they will upgrade me as i will queue jump
N/A

queue jumping

The only way you could possibly stand a chance of getting done within the next monnth or so perhaps might be to regrade to a PAYG account. The reason being is there no longer is a premier up to 4MB or Premier up to 8mb account. These are now simply options 1, 2 or 3 and which only refer to the bandwidth limit or LLU and ADSL+2 speeds.

Regards,
willhome
Grafter

queue jumping

still dont see why PAYG customers get upgrade before the 21.99 option customers who pay more..
Community Veteran

queue jumping

details @ http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41650.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

queue jumping

still dont see why PAYG customers get upgrade before the 21.99 option customers who pay more..

Because a year ago PAYG became up to 8MB.

Premier 21.99 only became up to 8MB on 31st March this year.

If getting the higher speeds earlier was important to Premier users they had the option to upgrade to the up to 4MB (29.99) or up to 8MB (39.99) packages. The smart thing to do would have been to upgrade to the higher package in March so that you were prioritised as an existing up to 4MB Premier user.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)