cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on restrictions??????

N/A

A friend of mine has a plusnet plus account, the 14.99 one. I have looked at the small print on the website and I am well confused so its no wonder they are too.
The question I have and hope you can answer is:

The peak usage has been over used during month one so the peak time speed was limited, they are now on the second month and again peak usage has gone over and restricted again with speed upto a pathetic 128k
They received a email saying you have gone over your alloted bandwidth and all speeds will be restricted to 128k

Looking at the website it seems to suggest that only peak time sppeds are limited to 128k but their spedd has been limited to 128k 24 hours a day.

can anyone shed some light onto this as they sent a email to support but 4 days later still no reply.
14 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

From the sounds of it, your friend has exceeded the SUP threshold, which is why he's being managed 24/7 for the rest of this month. Full details on this can be found here

As detailed, this will be lifted on his next billing date, unless this is the second time that he's been placed on SUP management.
N/A

You are talking very technical, i have looked at that page and it makes no sense at all, neither does your reply.
As I said this is the second month and restricted 24 hoursHuhHuhHuhHuh?Huh
Fixes: 117

Hi

Have a look at these threads, they may shed some light for you.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42167&highlight=

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43729

HTH

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

none of this makes any sense, it keeps going on about peak times, it does not mention anything about off peak.
and the links above go on about option 1 2 3, my friend is not on that he is on plusnet plus account.
N/A

Here's one, why's the page aligned to the left?

It'd look better centralised imo
Mark64uk
Grafter

I have a question about this page

http://www.plus.net/switch/compare_us.shtml

where it states No fixed download limits†

the † then points you to

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

I was under the impression that the peak limit was 10GB ? or is it 24GB or maybe 10 GB Peak and 14gb off Peak

So Meny diffrent numbers Which one is correct ?
N/A

I just need to know why all the pages talk about peak usage but says nothing about off peak.
Yes, I know if you go over peak usage your restricted to 128k, but where does it say you get restricted 24hrs a day at 128k, peak and non peak..
Fixes: 117

In Option 1 you start getting restictions at 10GB with blocked P2P, etc and download speed restricted to 512Kbps when you reach 15GB. If your usage goes on to 24GB or more then you come under the Sustainable Usage Policy whereby your download speed is restricted for the remainder of the billing cycle to 128Kbps.

For the second time you reach the 24GB limit within a billing cycle your speed is permantly restricted to 128Kbps until you upgrade to a package with a higher bandwidth.

The key point in their wording of the SUP seems to be:
All Internet activities will be available at speeds up to 128Kbps at all times.

This leads me to believe that it does mean 24/7. But it would be nice if someone at PN could confirm that for us.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Exceeding maximum monthly peak-time usage - first occasion
If you exceed the maximum monthly peak-time usage for your product, the following restrictions will apply to your service until your next billing date.

You can have the restrictions lifted immediately if you upgrade to a product with a higher peak-time usage allowance.

Exceeding maximum monthly peak-time usage - second occasion
If you should exceed the maximum monthly peak-time usage for the same product on a second occasion, the same restriction will be applied. However, they will only be lifted if you upgrade to a product with a higher usage allowance **.

This 'two-strikes' process is repeated each time that you upgrade to an account with a higher peak-time allowance.

N/A

its still does NOT say anything about off peak. It just states peak, peak and more peak.
JonathanW
Grafter

The thresholds, usage levels where management is put in place, only count your usage during the peak period. However, if you use more than 10GB, during peak times, on a Plus account then we rate limit the connection to 128k 24 hours a day 7 days a week, as stated on the page that I linked above. I've quoted the relevant section bellow for additional clarity.

N/A

The thresholds, usage levels where management is put in place, only count your usage during the peak period. However, if you use more than 10GB, during peak times, on a Plus account then we rate limit the connection to 128k 24 hours a day 7 days a week, as stated on the page that I linked above. I've quoted the relevant section bellow for additional clarity.

ok i will keep a open mind about that even though i still dont think its chear enough.

what about premier account, the 21.99 one. what happens if you go over peak on it, it says no off peak restrictions but can you clarify
N/A

You got traffis manadement that can be found out here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

Then you have sustainable usage which can be found here. http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

So for Premier option 1 traffic mangerment start at 10GB with full restrictions under SUP starting at 30GB
N/A

I have just received an email stating that I have gone over 3GB during peak times even though I schedule my P2P traffic between 8am and 4pm. I am on Plus @ £14.99 per month so what restrictions are now on place on my account? Do I still have full speed during off peak times? What speed will I be restricted to in Peak times and is that all traffic or just P2P? Will I hit the SUP if I hit 10GB in peak times on a Plus account? Typically I am not a large user although this week I have been quite active and find this type of information hard to come by. I'm all for the fair usage policy but things need to be made clearer.