cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about the Exhange Status Checker

N/A

hi

i'm on 512 premier and i'v asked to upgrade to 2mb before about 2 months , but im still wating :roll:

i have tried this exhange checker and after i entered my phone number/post code, it came out with this

and this is the BT published upgrade informations

does this mean that im going to get 2MB before the end of augest ?

many thanks Cheesy
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Not necessarily.

It means BT are due to commence the upgrade of you dslam this month. However, as many have found this could be delayed. Some are going throough on time, some arent. It all depends on BT.

Basically, all you can do is wait until either Plus net email you to let you know the upgrade is going ahead or your router synchs at the higher speed.
N/A

ive got the same problem here in Barnsley,

it did say july for the upgrade but now its saying aug,... ho well... im sure it will get sorted before long...
N/A

My exchange status says "This DSLAM is marked as a trial exchange". What does this mean?

I'm supposedly on 2Mb now waiting for 4/8mb but sometimes I feel like I'm still using dial-up!
holdtight
Grafter

Same here ! exchange still down for upgrade in april still not done though, i got fed up with waiting and paid the £14.99
N/A

does this mean that im going to get 2MB before the end of augest ?

Since April, I've found that on alternate months, the date gets missed, then the quoted 'start date' goes forward. At the moment, my exchange is quoted for July.

I stopped believing this PDF long ago, and I'm a bit miffed that Plusnet recommended I didn't pay to upgrade when I asked in April. As for months since, and months stretching to the future, they keep getting the over-the-odds £21.99 for a 512kn service. The longer this goes on, the more money I've poured down the drain.

I understand they paid BT a fortune for this upgrade, and have got precisely nothing in return. Result.
N/A

The quoted date has only ever changed once.

The PDF is only in the second version, and as such, the exchange checker is only on the second set of data.
N/A

The data has only changed once the reality is that few seem to been upgraded on time and still PN cannot tell you when the last one will be done.
N/A

aliahmad61, have you ever heard of "Nothing is free"... just the £14.99 and it's done. When i paid it, i got upgraded the same day.
N/A

hello

thanks peope for your quick replies

i have finaly recieved the 2mb serviece just this morning Cheesy

however, the gray sign is still coming up in the exhange checker

i'm facing some slow downloading rate sometimes but i hope it gets better

anyways thank you people and thanks to PN
N/A

First of all, neither the PDF nor the Echanges checker sya you will be upgraded in month X.

It clearly states that work will start in month X, details are only a guide and are subject to change.

As for details not changing on the checker once you are upgraded, this is the correct action.

Usertools are not PlusNet, and as such, do not have access to your line information. It is only presented as a guide for when work will start, and has no bearing once work is complete.