cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program to disconnect and reconnect when theres no internet

N/A

hi

Does anyone know if there is a program on the internet that will disconnect and reconnect me when my internet activity becomes low or zero.

Recently my internet activity stops all of a sudden but does not actually disconnect then to solve this problem i have to disconnect and reconnect my internet so I would like a program that would do this automatically.

Carl
4 REPLIES
N/A

there is a deeper issue that just turn it off and then on again. check your router first, i've had belkins that have been like this before on +net
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

What sort of modem/router do you have? If it's a USB or PCI modem then there are a few different programs knocking around, I think a program called ReConnect will do this (not 100%) and there are others, assuming it uses Windows dial-up networking.

With a router it's more difficult, unless the router has the built in functionality to do it, it's not going to be easy.
N/A

I Have an ADSl Modem and its working fine because it just disconnects say every 17 hours last month I had 15 days of continuous connections. its just that if it disconnects I want it to reconnect automatically because i am not there to disconnect and reconnect it again. I have had this problem before usually goes okay after a month or so.
N/A

its a USB Adsl Modem it doesn't actually disconnect the internet activity just stops so I just need a program so it will disconnect and then reconnect