cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£6.99p option discontinued?

ncreu
Grafter
Posts: 77
Registered: 13-08-2007

£6.99p option discontinued?

Did I miss an announcement? Perhaps it is uneconomic to offer the lite unmetered service for less than £8.99p?

When will users start paying the new rate?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: £6.99p option discontinued?

> Did I miss an announcement? Perhaps it is uneconomic to offer the lite unmetered service for less than £8.99p?
>
> When will users start paying the new rate?

Richard,

This was announced on 01/02/2002, I've included it below:

Unmetered Internet access at any time, with a domain name and hosting -
for under £10?


We are pleased to announce the launch of our updated Connect Lite User
account, which now includes a domain name and hosting as part of the low
monthly price.

For just £8.99 a month, you can connect to the Internet, check e-mail or
chat online for up to 20 hours every week. As well as unmetered Internet
access, our Connect Lite User account now provides you with a domain
name and hosting as standard, as well as the wide range of features
included with all PlusNet Connect accounts for home users:

* Unlimited e-mail addresses
* 250MB of webspace
* Website Wizard
* Fax2e-mail
* Support for MySQL/PHP/Perl
* My Control Panel - manage every aspect of your account online


If you’re an existing Connect Lite User, you can easily upgrade your
account to take advantage of this great-value offer. You can upgrade
with just a few clicks via the My Control Panel section of the PlusNet
portal - http://www.plus.net. This option will be available from Friday
1st February. If you don't want to take advantage of this upgrade, your
Connect Lite User account will stay as it is until you choose to do so.

The full Connect range has a wide choice of unmetered packages, both for
Home and Business users, ranging from the Connect Lite User up to
Always-On professional connections. If you choose a 'light-use' account
and then decide you want more time online, that's fine; you can change
between unmetered accounts once every month. Real flexibility!



The main reason for this was to bring the account into line with the services on the other connect accounts. Existing Connect Lite customers will still pay £6.99 per month however they do have the option of upgrading to the updated account to take advantage of the domain name.


--
Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------



N/A

RE: £6.99p option discontinued?

> > Did I miss an announcement? Perhaps it is uneconomic to offer the lite unmetered service for less than £8.99p?
> >
> > When will users start paying the new rate?
>
> Richard,
>
> This was announced on 01/02/2002, I've included it below:
>
> Unmetered Internet access at any time, with a domain name and hosting -
> for under £10?
>
>
> We are pleased to announce the launch of our updated Connect Lite User
> account, which now includes a domain name and hosting as part of the low
> monthly price.
>
> For just £8.99 a month, you can connect to the Internet, check e-mail or
> chat online for up to 20 hours every week. As well as unmetered Internet
> access, our Connect Lite User account now provides you with a domain
> name and hosting as standard, as well as the wide range of features
> included with all PlusNet Connect accounts for home users:
>
> * Unlimited e-mail addresses
> * 250MB of webspace
> * Website Wizard
> * Fax2e-mail
> * Support for MySQL/PHP/Perl
> * My Control Panel - manage every aspect of your account online
>
>
> If you’re an existing Connect Lite User, you can easily upgrade your
> account to take advantage of this great-value offer. You can upgrade
> with just a few clicks via the My Control Panel section of the PlusNet
> portal - http://www.plus.net. This option will be available from Friday
> 1st February. If you don't want to take advantage of this upgrade, your
> Connect Lite User account will stay as it is until you choose to do so.
>
> The full Connect range has a wide choice of unmetered packages, both for
> Home and Business users, ranging from the Connect Lite User up to
> Always-On professional connections. If you choose a 'light-use' account
> and then decide you want more time online, that's fine; you can change
> between unmetered accounts once every month. Real flexibility!
>
>
>
> The main reason for this was to bring the account into line with the services on the other connect accounts. Existing Connect Lite customers will still pay £6.99 per month however they do have the option of upgrading to the updated account to take advantage of the domain name.
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> | Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
>
>
> Didn't you include domain name and hosting as part of the package originally - but then dropped it as the take up was poor? and all for £6.99.
>

ncreu
Grafter
Posts: 77
Registered: 13-08-2007

RE: £6.99p option discontinued?

> If you don't want to take advantage of this upgrade, your
> Connect Lite User account will stay as it is until you choose to do so.
>
> The full Connect range has a wide choice of unmetered packages, both for
> Home and Business users, ranging from the Connect Lite User up to
> Always-On professional connections. If you choose a 'light-use' account
> and then decide you want more time online, that's fine; you can change
> between unmetered accounts once every month. Real flexibility!
>

I didn't realise that the £6.99p option would be discontinued. Am I right in thinking that this plan is no longer available to new users?

Any idea how long this option will still be available to existing users?
N/A

RE: £6.99p option discontinued?

> >
> > Didn't you include domain name and hosting as part of the package originally - but then dropped it as the take up was poor? and all for £6.99.
> >
>
>
For a very short period of time yes that is correct. As I'm sure you understand the Internet market is fast-moving and the demands of customers change quickly, this is why we took the decision to update the Connect Lite Account. It still offers exceptional value for money with the features described in the original announcement.

--
Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------


N/A

RE: £6.99p option discontinued?

> > If you don't want to take advantage of this upgrade, your
> > Connect Lite User account will stay as it is until you choose to do so.
> >
> > The full Connect range has a wide choice of unmetered packages, both for
> > Home and Business users, ranging from the Connect Lite User up to
> > Always-On professional connections. If you choose a 'light-use' account
> > and then decide you want more time online, that's fine; you can change
> > between unmetered accounts once every month. Real flexibility!
> >
>
> I didn't realise that the £6.99p option would be discontinued. Am I right in thinking that this plan is no longer available to new users?
>
> Any idea how long this option will still be available to existing users?

New users have to signup to the new product, exisiting users can stay on their existing product or upgrade to the updated Connect Lite if they choose.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------