Did you mean: 

posts times

N/A

posts times

Hey any notice that plusnet is one hour behind with the posting times
16 REPLIES
N/A

posts times

I thought that as well but it's do with your settings. You need to go into your profile settings, find this near the top of the screen and select the time.
Community Veteran

posts times

Yep you need to select GMT +1 as we're in British Summer time.
Don't forget to change it back though later in the year. :roll:
N/A

posts times

Where not GMT +1 though, we are GMT, BST is just part of it.
Community Veteran

posts times

British Summer time means that everyones clocks in this country are 1 hour ahead of GMT.
So you need to select GMT +1 as the option in your profile
N/A

posts times

Yes but normal forums are set up for this change automatically and you dont have to keep changing your settings, but then again we are talking about Plusnet.
Community Veteran

posts times

It's nothing to do with Plusnet.
The situation comes about because of the way the phpBB software is written.
Anyone using it has the same thing.
N/A

posts times

Fair enough, but other forums I belong change the time accordingly with GMT set as my tomezone.
N/A

posts times

thanks for the info on profile settings
Community Veteran

posts times

They are obvously not using phpBB as the forum software then.

Unfortunataly this having to set your time is a feature of this program and every 6 months you will see a post from one of the Mod's reminding people to make the adjustment. Sad
N/A

posts times

Could adopt swatch internet time standard. This will remove the need to change the settings. Unfortunately 1000 beats in a day has no meaning to anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick_Russell
Grafter

posts times

British Summer time means that everyones clocks in this country are 1 hour ahead of GMT.
So you need to select GMT +1 as the option in your profile

I have never accepted this. Our time zone is GMT. We do not change time zone twice a year. BST is just the name for the UK’s daylight saving time change. We should not have to change our profile. Think of how windows automatically updates your system time. The time gets changed NOT the time zone. In the summer you will still be showing as time zone GMT.

I have just raised to ticket and guess what….the time is correct (not GMT).

The time on this forum is incorrect and I think should be changed. Why is this so difficult? The ticket system can do it.
James
Grafter

posts times

Did you not read any of the earlier posts?

It's a problem with PHPBB. The ticket system does not use PHPBB. Hence why it reports the correct time.

Technically BST is GMT+1. Greenwich Mean Time does not occur in this country, in the summer. Fact.
Njal
Grafter

posts times

I have never accepted this. Our time zone is GMT.

See:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

"NB: The UK is on British Summer Time which is an hour ahead of GMT"

"Clocks Change: Spring Forward & Fall Back (Fall = Autumn) BUT GMT remains the same all year around."

Regards

Neil
Nick_Russell
Grafter

posts times

As I said.....our TIME ZONE is GMT. Our TIME is one hour ahead of GMT for now. No country changes its TIME ZONE when they operate daylight saving. As I pointed out, Windows does not change the PC's time zone when it applies and takes off daylight saving.