cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post-LLU what's the problem to transfer?

cossey
Grafter

I get the impression from reading some posts that once one is transferred to LLU it is more difficult to migrate to a new ISP.

Why is this?
What extra hoops do we need to jump through should we wish to move ISP?
Does this mean a contractual change?

I ask as I'm due to be LLU'd today (if I haven't been already :roll: )
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Cossey,

We can generate LLU MAC Codes, but these can only be accepted by other ISP's that are part of the LLU Mac Trial.
Community Veteran

The LLU migration is still a trial and only a few ISPs are taking part in the trial so you are limited as to who you can migrate to once on LLU.

If you really wanted to leave and the ISP you want to move to does not support LLU migrations you need to ask PN to switch you back to IPstream (at their cost) then once moved, issue you with an IPstream MAC.
N/A

Or the alternative of disconneting your ADSL and re-activating the line.
cossey
Grafter

Thanks for the replies guys. (Why aren't I getting email notifications? :? )

So, if I get a LLU MAC code does that mean I'll still HAVE TO use the Tiscali LLU or could I go to say Bulldog LLU which is also an available LLU 'supplier' on my exchange?

If it's a trial, what happens to all us LLU customers if LLU is withdrawn, however unlikely that may be?

As I asked before does this not constitute a change in contract if by being transferred to LLU one's future choices are somewhat curtailed?

TIA
N/A

So basically you end up paying for a MAC code because you havent been notified of anything.

I am reporting PLUSNET to OFCOM now!
N/A

Check your spam filters for email notifications - thats where mine were Smiley

The way I believe it works is this: An LLU MAC means you can transfer between ISPs, but you'll still be on a Tiscali LLU. You or the ISP has to pay to move between LLUs or back to MaxDSL.

Plusnet state in the terms they can use any provider they wish, so transferring you to an LLU is not a change to your contract, and they do allow you to opt-out if you don't wish to be LLUd (even though they seem to have tried there best to hide the opt-out!)
N/A

Are you sure? I always understood it that ISP's who support LLU MAC's (but resell BT IPstream) will permit migration to themselves. But you can't use an LLU MAC to migrate between the various LLU providers.
N/A

No, I'm not sure at all Cheesy

But, we seem to be saying the same thing anyway.