cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pn webspace is a joke

PhillipH
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

Well i decided to take alook at my webspace with pn, as i stopped using it years ago as it was complete crap.

i realise this is an isp, but i still expect half decent webspace.

so............there i am reconnecting via ftp and attempt to download a few files i had on there, small files too.

it lets me download 3 files, then timeouts, then does the same again, i have to keep reconnecting to the ftp to get all the files.

yes...............ive stopped using the webspace again, a whole 5 mins after trying to reuse it.

sad Cry
16 REPLIES
PhillipH
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

and btw no, i still havnt had a resolution to my ticket i posted 5 days ago Cry
Community Veteran

pn webspace is a joke

Is your FTP program in passive mode? I can't recollect any problems with the homepages server although the CGI provision leaves much to be desired....
PhillipH
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

i connect to about 100 sites (im a webdesigner) and i connect to them fine. Dont tell me you have to do something special with pn's 'special' webspace.

i dont see a passive feature in smart ftp sorry.

if i remember rightly i think we even have to connect to the cgi space seperatly to the normal (if you can call it normal) webspace.

'bad mood today so no offense to anyone, cept pn :-)'
Community Veteran

pn webspace is a joke

o.k. Like I say i've never had any problems with the homepages server but I know there is some issue about PN not liking passive mode (whatever it is).
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

not sure about smart as ive not used it in years but nearly all FTP clients that i can think of have a passive mode

if your a prof web designer then you should not be using smart, thats for sure!

even IE hooks up to PN webspace...
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

i use SmartFTP for accessing my webspace on pn.....

Its in passive mode everytime it connects and works fine.
PhillipH
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

if your a prof web designer then you should not be using smart, thats for sure!

if? yeah whatever. Theres nothing wrong with smart ftp, just like theres nothing wrong with wftp pro, just like theres nothing wrong with using ftp in explorer. what has that got to do with this anyway?

i can connect using any ftp, just cant keep that connection open. But................if i use any other webspace apart from pn there is zero problems.

anyway, ive been through all this 3 years ago to no avail. lets just leave it.
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

i had a similar problem when trying to upload files to my webspace using FTP. one or two files would upload then the connection would time out.

for me it was a problem with my firewall, i've not had this problem with any other webspace or any FTP file servers. however once i disable my firewall it works fine.
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

I use Ace FTP 3, which is freeware and have never had a problem up / downloading to PN.
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

Flash FXP all the way, works a treat with all FTP's.

the ZC
N/A

pn webspace is a joke

Well, just for the record, using FireFTP here these days (yes, your resident dummy actually found an FTP thingy that he could understand, so no longer uses Explorer!) and absolutely no problems whatsoever.
BattleRat
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

who cares what ftp client he uses, it could be any operating system with any ftp client.. the fact remains that plusnet is letting him down .

php-nuke sites are just the same in build as PN sites FWIW

and it ain't just him that is being let down.

release the throttles plusnet, if it ain't throttled, then sort out your crap connection problems.
slev
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

I think it would be in Plusnets interest to start offering proper Hosting rather than this free webspace as it is restricted a little to much, but as it's free with your account there is nothing much can be done about the quality I guess.
PhillipH
Grafter

pn webspace is a joke

well not exactly free...