cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pn cashback?

N/A

pn cashback?

given all of the well documented issues some of which i accept are beyond pn control but some which are certainly within their control (phone system, ticket turnaround, usage etc.) would it be fair to ask them for a reduction in my monthly payment to compensate for this poor showing?

it does seem to me that this would be a fair request and a good customer service response by pn to give me something back for sticking around during their 'turbulent times'.
8 REPLIES
kosh2
Grafter

pn cashback?

You will have to excuse me whilst I roll on the floor laughing. Best laugh I have had in ages on here.

They would do their upmost not to refund or discount offer. Getting them to waive fees for MAC codes over the usenet debarkle was hard enough.

I am sure there is something in teh T&C which allows variation in service with no refunds. And then there is the service agreement thing which has been discussed many times before here.
N/A

pn cashback?

well i know it may sound tongue in cheek but i am serious.

if not cashback then what about loyalty points - like 0 points for full service going to say 10 points per day for loss of connection then you can trade in the points for something important - maybe a mac code or whatever
N/A

pn cashback?

that sounds far too reasonable to even be considered!
GersFans
Grafter

pn cashback?

Best thing to do is just leave this ISP when you get the chance, hit them in the pocket and watch the share price drop off the market.

Then join every broadband & internet forum you can find and bad mouth PN until your hearts content.

They deserve it for treating us like sh*te!
N/A

pn cashback?

@gersfans - well that is kind of my point really in that i am staying and have been around for years so i think that i should be rewarded for my loyalty - it happens with so many organisations why not pn

lets say that after 2 years you get put on a gold programme with a different support line (one that works maybe) and then 4 years you go platinum or whatever

just think they should get creative to pay back the loyal customers and create an atmosphere where the loyal customers work in partnership with them. i can only see a win win here.
kosh2
Grafter

pn cashback?

I think you ahve a very good idea. Sadly your business mind far outstrips Plusnet's at the mo.
N/A

pn cashback?

barkerfamily,

Although a nice thought at first this would make matters worse. Not only would it prove hard to implement (more number = more costs = another service etc etc ) but it then would be crying out and saying "Until you have been here at least 2 years ( or whatever ) your not really that important to us".

The rewarding of loyal customers has been discussed many times and one plan which was drawn up never actually got put into motion. Loyal customers were supposed to have been upgraded to MaxDSL first then the thers etc etc. it then turned into PAYG first, then queue jumpers and then loyal customers and the rest and then to "Pray" ( or so it seems at times to others lol ).

I think though that a better approach would be a xx% increase in peak time usage allowance may be a better approach. Or even if a user is getting a referrel discount to then increase this if the person they have referred has been here x yrs. So your being rewarded not only for your own loyalty but also for the loyalty of the person you referred and for keeping them loyal to them.

But as I said above, its something thats been discussed to death ( from what I know ) and something that is likely will never get implemented due to it costing too much ( or so it would seem ).

PS I reserve the rights on my ideas above Wink lol.
N/A

pn cashback?

Indeed.
When i was younger i worked answering letters and queries for a (then) major catalogue company. There were three telephone systems, a free order line, a billed enquiry line and a free "gold service" order AND enquiry line.

Every so often youd get people asking whey they dont get this service, why they cant use it, theyve been there for ages, they deserve a free gift etc. etc. etc.

There was no answer to it. Two tier services dont really work because those not on the "higher" level all want to know WHY they arent on it, why they didnt know it existed or how to get on it. What do you say? "Sorry, you aren't that good a customer" Huh Theyd like that :p