cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnets backlog of tickets should be clear soon!

N/A

... Because everybody is leaving plus net so they wont have many customers left!

I reckon plus net should open a new apartment simply called "MAC" who deal with giving out mac codes, collecting final payments etc.

I must have seen so many posts in the last few days with people saying "right thats it im outta here!"

So plus nets problems will soon be over, as soon as they give out mac codes. They dont need to worry about expanding the call centre.

Im joining the queue for them too.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: plusnets backlog of tickets should be clear soon!

I must have seen so many posts in the last few days with people saying "right thats it im outta here!"

So many posts? what about the 180,000+ that don't post here? wonder if they are all leaving...... somehow I doubt it.The nature of forums is that there are usually only 2 reasons to post in them 1)they have a question that needs answering; or 2) they are there it would seem latetly to be to complain.

So to that end perhaps you should count up the "so many posts" and convert that figure to a percentage of 200,000 or even the figure I first mentioned 180,000 and I will think you will find it is just a drop in the bucket.

But at least I know that if what you suggest is correct then any problems I have will be answered before I finish typing them........ as I have no intention of leaving Plusnet at the moment because I am probably one of the many who are not experiencing problems so sometimes I use option 1 to post to the forum and extremely rarely option 2.So not "everybody is leaving"
N/A

Well here is another loyal supporter jumping a sinking ship

Like many I have remained loyal to plus net for a long time and they gave excellent service but I am now convinced that they no longer intend to maintain a good customer support service. Cry It is no longer a service I can reccomend with confidence.

I tried to get through to speak to someone on the 0845 number tonight - not once but 9 times! - following a different path each time - without exception I was taken through a long series of menus - I think four in all - at the end of each one I got a message about going to the website and was promptly cut off.. DO NOT BOTHER PHONING THIS LINE IT IS JUST A WAY FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY! Evil - BT do the same but at least theirs is a free call and you do usually get to speak with someone after 30 minutes or so.

Contrast this with onetel (now talk talk) who answered my enquiry within 1 minute and were also able to offer me a great internet deal to add on to my phone package (and yes its unlimited with no restrictions on downloads!) :lol:

To the person who says they are having no problems I just say "wait until you do" heaven help you if your broadband is down you will probably wait at least 24 - 48 hours before you get to report it. This is not a "members club" where we should wait while they sort their problems out - it is a business where the rule is "deliver or die" and it would seem plus net are opting for the latter.

ALL I WANT IS A MAC CODE......BUT OF COURSE PLUS NET ARE IN NO HURRY TO ISSUE THOSE :twisted: as soon as I get it this is me Cheesy :arrow:
N/A

Re: Well here is another loyal supporter jumping a sinking s

Contrast this with onetel (now talk talk) who answered my enquiry within 1 minute and were also able to offer me a great internet deal to add on to my phone package (and yes its unlimited with no restrictions on downloads!) :lol:

Wonder if they did that because they are trying to sell you something here is one person who does not seem to share your optimism, and that was after about a 2 minute Google for Talk Talk reviews.Note what they think of customer service :-)

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review207886.html

But I wish you all the best.
N/A

I joined PlusNet long ago with the first unmetered dial-up connections and then 2 years ago an ADSL product. The support was always fast and effective. Now I've been LLU'd and lost all service, support is now a nightmare and to top it all moving off is going to be a pain in the arse.

I've cancelled, just waiting for PlusNet to get their rubbish off my line so I can start from scratch elsewhere. Hurry it up please.
N/A

also able to offer me a great internet deal to add on to my phone package (and yes its unlimited with no restrictions on downloads!):

Hmm they seem to have an interesting concept of unlimited as regards broadband...... plenty of unlimited mentioned in regard to phone calls though

Up to 8 Meg (8 Megabits per second) Broadband
An enormous 40GB monthly usage allowance
Easy installation with TalkTalk's recommended modem.

As found at
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-LLU-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.TESTH...
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Well, I've just left TalkTalk/Onetel for my phone service due to the appalling customer service and days, if not weeks to get answers to questions. I was with them for about 4 years, and whenever I had to contact support, it was woefully inadequate.

As for TalkTalk broadband being unlimited, that may be what they claim, but it's not reality. They port block, managed traffic & cut customers off without warning if they download too much.

'tis one fire I wouldn't jump out of my frying pan for ;-)

Neil
N/A

The power of threatening to leave

The deal that I negotiated with onetel (which still operates seperately from talk talk) is for their high usage service which normally costs more - like all companies (except Plus Net) they are willing to do deals if a customer says they are leaving - in this case they dropped a substantial amount of the normal bundled price. I wont say how much until I am signed up Tongue

I looked at the reviews and sure talk talk have a bad review - Pn's is actually worse!! Reading through the reviews it seems that the companies with the best customer service are, suprise, the dearer ones - ie those on a par or slightly dearer than Pn. I have been with one tel (phone deal) for several years and my daughter has the broadband package which works. Of course it may change as it becomes more integrated with talk talk but if it does then I will vote with my feet again.

I do not object to a "no frills" service, with minimal customer support as long as the connection is active most of the time - providing of course it comes at a "no frills" price. I dont want "content" or a fancy website - just ADSL at the best combination of price & service.

I weighted the scales in favour of service in staying with Pn - now that has gone it seems and so there is no justification for spending so much. Their new call filtering is a joke and almost insulting - other companies keep you waiting a long time sure, but they dont take you down endless paths and then cut you off with "look a the website". We are internet users for goodness sake - are we likely to go through the pain of calling them IF what we wanted to know was on the website!!

It seems that I shall now have to treat ISPs in the same way as mobile phones, banks and credit cards and keep switching to the one offering the best deal at the time. Its amazing what companies will offer to get new business.

Still waiting for my MAC code!!! Or maybe plus net will offer me premier plus uncapped for £14 a month - then I might stay!
N/A

I must say, I thought Plusnet's service was excellent until they put me on this LLU rubbish. I've never used the customer service before the LLU "upgrade", so that didn't bother me.
N/A

however

If anyone knows where I can find
Cheesy has 99% connectivity at high speeds
Cheesy has an email customer support response of less than 4 hours
Cheesy offers unlimited service at all times (ok will accept fair usage if it kicks in after 80 gb a month!)
Cheesy includes telephone line rental
Cheesy can bundle in free anytime calls with no limit
Cheesy includes usual things like voicemai free
Cheesy which costs less than £30 pm in total
Cheesy offers a 30 day contract period with no exit charges

Please let me know LOL - ok its tounge in cheek a little and the problem in choosing (as with mobile phones) is that the deals are fudged and complicated.
LiamM
Grafter

Re: The power of threatening to leave

like all companies (except Plus Net) they are willing to do deals if a customer says they are leaving -

Just to say. I think this is quite fair to be honest. If you want to leave, you leave.

I'm quite sure you wouldn't find companies such as Zen, Pipex, Nildram, F2S, Eclipse, Virgin, Tiscali, Orange, Sky etc.... doing anything like this.

It works with very high margin products (or products with low individual costs) such as Mobile Phone contracts etc... But due to the nature of broadband, you can't just snip a few quid off unless you want to lose money.

On the subject of this entire thread - being a member of PUG I have day to day contact with key personnel within PlusNet who are all working very very hard for change in the CSC. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight, unless you'd prefer to have low-trained, inadequate staff in the CSC who may be able to reply quickly - but with useless answers. I'm hopeful that the fruits of these efforts will become apparent to all in a few months time.