cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet ????/

N/A

plusnet ????/

I seem to be having problems when i try to see account details /referrals etc nothing comes up. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or is it my settings ?
15 REPLIES
N/A

plusnet ????/

I have some odd blank rectangles in VMU, which I assume is caused by problems on the PN site.

There were problems with home sites, which also prevented authenication for some. I noticed that when avatars from people's home pages weren't showing yesterday. Yesterday I couldn't log in to the site, but I couldn't log on to any MS Pasport site or MS Update either, so I thought it was caused by the latest MS update. I put Plus in my trusted zone and everything was OK, but that may have been co-incidence.

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

But that is supposed to be resolved, so maybe it would be worth raising a ticket. Also, it doesn't seem to be connected with your problem.
N/A

plusnet ????/

ok thanks for your reponse . i have solved the problem , i have recently installed IE 7 , reverting back to IE 6 solved the problem and now can accessaccount details etc , looks like i'll have to wait till the full version of IE7 is out , then maybe it will be compatible with plusnet.

Regards
N/A

plusnet ????/

There have been quite a few people who seem to have had problems with IE7 when trying to view the portal, however I have yet to encounter any issue.
I'm running IE7 Beta2 on XP Pro SP2 - fully patched etc. Are (were) you running Beta2 or Beta1? Different OS? Different Service Pack etc? I'm intrigued to know where the difficulties have come from - let me know what you are running, I'd like to test it.
N/A

plusnet ????/

I only run the one pc ....xp home with sp2The IE 7 was the beta2 the second release. Since i need to access my accounts setup etc i have no choice but to uninstall IE7. Wasn't just my accounts several other options woulldn't work, if you can access these running xp/IE7 with beta 2 then i have no idea what could be causing it.

Regards
N/A

plusnet ????/

I wonder if its working better because of the extra nuts and bolts in Pro?
I though the only significant differences were in the networking and user facilities, but perhaps it has something hidden away somewhere that help IE7 deal with secure pages better.
Did you ever have any problems on any other sites, or just the PN portal?

Think I have an XP Home box lying around somewhere, I'll try to drag it out to check if I have the same issue using that.
shellsong
Grafter

plusnet ????/

Presumably you could install Firefox alongside IE7 so you have a fallback for times that you need it
JJ
Grafter

plusnet ????/

Shellsong

Provided thats IE7 as the fallback

johnH
shellsong
Grafter

plusnet ????/

Heh! No fallback needed in those cicumstances! Wink (Except for Windows updates of course!)
N/A

plusnet ????/

I use Firefox all the time. I just set win update to auto download any critical updates (but ask to install).
This way I have no need to use the dreaded IE. Wink

igfloz.
smillie-world
Grafter

plusnet ????/

I'm using IE7 Beta 2 on XP Pro SP2 with all Windows Updates added.

I too cannot see any of the "My Account" settings, such as Website settings, Connection settings etc.

I can see the left hand menu, the top menu, the bottom menu, and where all the settings should be, it's blank.

I know if I click in the blank area I can use tab key to move between the items, as where the items should be there is a rectangle highlighting the item. Also the status bar shows the link of the item. Hitting enter loads the link, but again that page is also blank.

If I use print preview all the page is displayed in the preview window. So I know IE is aware of the page content.

I've tried using IE's new "reset everything" feature (Internet Options, Advanced tab, Reset Internet Explorer Settings... button). That didn't work. I've tried playing with all the various Accessibility options, they didn't make a difference. I've also tried adjusting security settings and advanced settings, again no change.

I noticed PlusNet use JavaScript so I tried removing and re-installing Java Runtimes (through Add/Remove Programs). That made no difference (it's version 1.5.0_06 if you're wondering).

It's not worth raising a ticket because PlusNet's excuse is that it's beta software... Very helpful of them, glad to see they invest in future technology (but I guess the recent spam debacle demonstrated that perfectly well). Anyway, I did manage to get confimrnation that PlusNet are going to ensure the Portal works with the full version of IE7.

However, sallyandjames seems to have the same software setup and is having no problems. So that must mean it's a strange setting on my PC. Anyone any ideas?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

plusnet ????/

I noticed PlusNet use JavaScript so I tried removing and re-installing Java Runtimes (through Add/Remove Programs). That made no difference (it's version 1.5.0_06 if you're wondering).

Other than the similarity of the name there is no connection between Java and Javascript - Javascript does not use the Java runtimes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

plusnet ????/

gatesof hell

glad you have the same problem as me was tempted to reinstall IE7 beta2 ;but think i'll wait till the full version comes out,. I did raise a ticket ;but that was a waste of time.

It may be a good idea loading firefox for the details that are missing with IE7 that has been sugested.

I did add plusnet to my trusted sites bit that didn't work ,

I guess with all beta testing ther'es bound to be problems of some sort.

Thanks all for you respnses

regards Sinbad
pcorker
Grafter

plusnet ????/

Yes - I cannot see Status or Connection Settings in IE7 but can in Opera9.
N/A

plusnet ????/

OK downloaded firefox and no problems seeing acount details etc , so i'll stick with that untill IE's final release.

Thanks again