cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet your the worst isp ever, sort it out

N/A

Hello.

Really annoyed right now. can't download anything on p2p programs can't get higher than 5kb/s on torrents with alot of seeds, can't download higher than 10kb/s on soulseek.

Plusnet, sort your lifes out!
19 REPLIES
essenby
Grafter

Have yu checked your download speed via the BT speedcheck site. If this is the same as you quote above this points to a line issue (BT fault) If it is significantly higher try the PlusNet speedcheck. If that agrees with BT it is probable a P2P issue (too many users accessing the same seeds). If it agrees with your P2P speeds then it's probably worth raising a ticket to PN for them to investigate.
Liam
Grafter

Hi there,

We've been trying to do some testing on some test accounts here but are not able to replicate this issue easily.

Currently, we are having difficulties replicating the slow P2P issues you're reporting.

I have created a ticket on your account and sent it to our networks team for further investigation and to check you are assigned on the right profile. Please monitor this ticket for updates.

Thanks.
craigbrass
Grafter

Please can you raise it on mine too Liam. Slow FTP, P2P, POP and IMAP.
Liam
Grafter

An incorrect profile here would not slow down POP / IMAP etc... as these are not restricted heavily on any of the products. E-Mail is generally a prioritised profile.

I would recommend the usual dose of BT Speedtests etc... and then raising a speed fault via the fault checker if you are concerned.
N/A

That must be a joke, either the test accounts are on a different profile to every user or you are using an adsl connection from another provider. Look at the forum, are all the problems down to BT and should we all do yet another round of speedtests? I think not.
N/A

It's everyome else's fault but PN, you will gather that from these forums. and you do your own tests, mess with your own sockets, disconnect the street lamps and maybe stop the buses running up your road. Whatever, it never seems to get sorted out.
N/A

N/A

Guys,

I get the feeling I know the answer to this question already having read the other threads (IE, look no further than PN) but can someone explain in simple terms just what the hell is going on?

I'm not a heavy P2P user - actually I've not even started yet as the rate of 0kbps makes it quite difficult.

I've done all my speed tests (2mbps down, 400kbps up) and I can download MB's worth of stuff in seconds from anywhere but P2P.

Why is it working for others and not me? Is it because I'm scottish ;-)
N/A

You've got it - its anyone located north of Plusnet Towers :-)
N/A

i can deal with throttling during the day but what's with after 12? why is it still crapHuhHuh and NO it's not my connection or equipment. The only reason i am still here is Sky isn't in my area yet.
N/A

i can deal with throttling during the day but what's with after 12? why is it still <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a>HuhHuh and NO it's not my connection or equipment. The only reason i am still here is Sky isn't in my area yet.

I agree. I am on the Premier 1 service, paying £21.99 a month and i'm getting the same P2P restrictions that those on the Plus package (£14.99) are getting. It is pathetic!

Stop being a bunch of pirates, and sort the problem out. Ignoring things or 'fixing the elacoya' crap doesn't work anymore.
Your 'fixes' just make things worse.
The max speed i've had in any speed test for the past week has been 1800, before these 'elacoya improvements', I was getting perfect P2P speed AND 2200+ speedtests.
N/A

I currently have an open call for this problem, but it seems to me that they dont want anything to do with helping as they told me that they wouldn't have been blocking or filtering my connection, so suggestested I speak with the people that run the p2p networks for further assistance! Hahaha, I laughed..... :shock:
N/A

When i left this morning I stuck a download of prison b...er... i mean a legal linux distro *cough cough* going and it set off at just over 350k and would be finished in about 15 minutes.

So it does work sometimes!
N/A

don't even bother to read PN staff on these threads. P2P is being throttled to death deliberately and staff have been instructed to deny it. Why? Because with developments ongoing they want shot of any P2P users and just want noddy users to sell the book.

Give it up guys - I'm off to aquiss next week and can't wait.