cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet webmail still blacklisted?

N/A

I just got yet another bounce - i thought this had stopped.

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXX@parcelforce.co.uk>:
host mail3.consignia.com [144.87.143.83]: 554 Service unavailable; [195.166.130.40] blocked using bl.spamcop.net, reason:
Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?195.166.130.40
7 REPLIES
N/A

I'm getting frequent bounce backs when I send using webmail:

195.166.130.40 is listed in bl.spamcop.net

Can support request that this is removed?

Thanks.
Community Veteran

I don't know if individuals can do this but you can dispute it at
http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=dispute;ip=195.166.130.40
N/A

195.166.130.40 is ptb-cgirelay01.plus.net (cgirealy02 has been listed in the past)so it looks as if it's not the mail server that's causing the problems but something running on the cgi platform (possibly a user's cgi??) which has been caught by SpamCop's traps.
Either way, yes, this needs to be disputed by Plusnet, but I fear the listing will not be removed (or will reappear) unless the source of the problem is routed out.
JonathanW
Grafter

This is something that the networks team are working on, though at the moment there is no way to say how long it will take to resolve the underlying issue that caused the server to be added to the blacklist.
N/A

this has been going on quite a while now. It doesnt seem as bad as before but it does still happen.

Can you tell us why PN got blacklisted in the first place andf exactly what you are doing to remove PN from any lists?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

They will have got onto the list by someone sending spam from that machine. As it's the relay machine for the ccgi platform then most likely someone with an insecure script has been comprimised.

What will PlusNet be doing to get off the list? Usually email the list admins with promises that they have taken care of the naughty user who had the script that sent the spam.

Phil
N/A

I'd imagine that PlusNet will have to prove that they have taken care of whatever the problem was in the first place and ensured it won't happen again.
It could have been a general compromised script, or any e-mail sent via the cgi platform, which could have been via webmail too.