cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet should change their site

N/A

I went to order more an IP block from plusnet, but before submitting to them I read the following in the query wizzard and on the usertools page,

The following ADSL account types are elegible for an IP block (ie more than one IP):

ADSL Home Premier - All Speeds and Old account equivalents, excluding ADSL Home Surf.
All Business and Homeworker accounts, excluding Biz Surf.
Leased Line / Co-Locate Customers

After submitting my support rrequest for a 4 block I was told I would by sales I would need to upgrade to a buisness plan, and that I couldn't have them on the residential plan,

Now I'm on Home Premier and the site says in 2 pages that I'm elligable for them, so plusnet I recommend you change your site as it's misleading to customers.

Best Regards
8 REPLIES
N/A

N/A

Hi there,

The agent is incorrect. You should be able to obtain a 4 ip block with a residential account. However Plus Net do seem to be tightening up on the allocation of IP blocks at present. You may be asked why you cant use a router with port forwarding and what to what purpose you will put your IP block.

IP s are not an infinite resource and Plus Net guard them
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It isn't that we can't allocate a 4 IP to a residential account, there's no problem doing this. The problem would be if the reason you wanted the IP's was to use the account for business purposes.
If you take a look at the responses on ticket 17072119, I think this will explain why.
N/A

I put in my application it was for buisness perposes, and I think the representative thought I wanted to run a sales buisness which meant a home plan wouldn't be the appropriate plan, the matter is I need to be able to access different computers from work which port forwarding won't cover, and I have to share the internet with a neighbor and we can't run the same applications at the same time,

Best Regards
LiamM
Grafter

If you are sharing the connection with a neighbour, then you are effectively reproviding or reselling the service to somebody else. This is certainly against the Home AUP, not sure about the Business one either.
craigbrass
Grafter

Well I am on Residential Premier 2mb with an 8 IP block so you can definatly get it. Although I don't share my connection with a nabour, just wanna know why PlusNet don't allow this?
Community Veteran

As they have said, its not because you cant have an IP block, the problem for the OP is that his usage isnt allowed on his account.
More details as to the specific needs in his case would be useful.

Chris
N/A

I got the IP block which I'm thankfull for, the idea isn't to resell, I was particulary happy with my dialup connection, but my flat mate couldn't afford a phone line and broadband at the same time, so we agreed to both pay 1/2 the bill if a router was provided.

I don't see it as reselling at all, I see it as a very good agreement we have.

Thanks to PlusNet though Wink