cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet over the top on price per connection speed

N/A

Hi all

REcently this maxdsl has not really improved things as I would like. Dont get me wrong it has the potential to work well IF your right next to an exchange. Unfortunatly the quality of phones around here are in disrepair even after bt engineers have come out over and over yet still no improvements... well the point is

why is plusnet charging over the top for a lame 1.3mb connection. 22 quid

Tiscali 17.99 or 12.99 (depending on speed)

Tiscali do a similar speed for far less with out these peak time limits as well.

Why not charge people based on their speed/bandwidth. Surely anyone who is not gaining from maxdsl shouldn`t really pay for it.

If I had 6.5mb this message wouldn`t exist but it looks doubtful

When is ADSL2+ coming why is the uk so far behind again.. grrrr
2 REPLIES
N/A

i am paying £29.99 for less than 2mb speed - when you see the offers from other isp it makes your blood boil -
its bye-bye plusnet for me
N/A

Its all well and good saying why am I being charged for max if im not getting it.

The problem is though your not being charged for speed. You are being charged for bandwidth only. If you look at the other ISP's a little more closer youll find in their terms that these smaller accounts have lower limits aswell ( such as 2Gb, 3Gb etc).
If you can make do with that sort of allowance then why not consider BroadBand+ as this is only £14.99, you will still get your max capable line speed, but you get a lower limit.

Regards,