cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet is a joke

N/A

plusnet is a joke

ever since i went on to 2meg i get speeds lower than 1 meg its a total joke for 3 nights on the trot i couldn't play any online games coz of pings of 170...i got better when i was on 56k...so i contact cs and all i get from them is check this and check that .........i remember when that bloke called ian was at plusnet i told him i had low speeds he phoned me and had it sorted in 2 days now that was proper cs....now its just a joke...they should up their prices and provide a better service coz i would sooner pay more and get a decent service like i used to
18 REPLIES
N/A

plusnet is a joke

Exactly the reason why I got out while I could. Migrating was the best decision I made.
N/A

plusnet is a joke

home101

check with plusnet if they have incorrectly profiled you on their traffic shaping, raise a ticket or ring them on 0845 1400200

i had this problem for a week and all it was was the fact when they put the traffic shaping in place i had been assigned the incorrect profile

once they put me on the right profile the problem had gone away
craigbrass
Grafter

plusnet is a joke

If you give them a call they will fix it. Your not giving them a chance to do so!
N/A

plusnet is a joke

Home101,

There many reasons why you would be seeing low speeds, most of which lie outside of Plus Nets control. The CS team cant attempt to identify your problem without running a number of checks first.

Without co-operation from you this will not get resolved.

The first test you could do would be the BT speedtester, details here This may identify where the problem lies.

Run the test a couple of tiimes and post the results.
N/A

plusnet is a joke

My speeds have been terrible lately, Im currently downloading at a whopping 20K on my 2mb connection, the problem is not with the originating site. This servuice has gone down hill and i for one am going to go else where.

:x
N/A

plusnet is a joke

If you give them a call they will fix it. Your not giving them a chance to do so!

i did call them and they said they could not help me unless i raise a ticket......as for doing bt speedtest i did loads of them and other test and told them that and they still did nothing but ask me to check again that i have done the 6 checks......... in other words they cant be bothered to do anything and just hope that i leave...proberly because i am quite a heavy user i do about 40gig a month so i think they hope to get rid of me by not helping.......since plusnet started the £21.99 package they have become a joke..when i was on £29.99 for 1meg my connection was perfect never once had a drop in speed now i am on 2meg i am lucky to get 1meg speeds and browsing is a pain sometimes have to wait for up to 40sec for a page to start opening....anyone thinking of joining plusnet dont...coz as they say u get what you pay for....3 weeks ago i would have recommened plusnet to everyone but now i wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy
N/A

plusnet is a joke

Hi,

If you have done the BT speed tests what results did you get?

Care to post them here. We might be able to help.
craigbrass
Grafter

plusnet is a joke

Look, we all want to help you resolve this issue including PlusNet but continuing to dis PlusNet and twine about it isn't going to get you anyway. If you simply did what was suggested above (the BT speed test) and post the results here, we can help you. If you don't, we can't.
N/A

plusnet is a joke

and what help would u be?...i never asked for help i just wanted to whine as u would say....i know for sure its not a fault at my end its either the exchange or plusnet and i would say its the exchang e just like it was last time i had probs but the cs then was a 1000 times better so it got sorted quite quickly...as for whining not getting me anywhere yes it does it calms me down...

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed as it was just a full copy of the preceding post and not required.
Community Veteran

plusnet is a joke

and if it's the exchange what use would moving ISP be?
N/A

plusnet is a joke

a lot coz i would be moving to a llu service
craigbrass
Grafter

plusnet is a joke

Even so, your still likely to have problems!
N/A

plusnet is a joke

and hows that?..my line is perfect my SNR and LA are really good the most likey cause of my speed lose is coz i am on the same box as a lot of other heavy users and i will not be staying with them when i move
N/A

My 2 cents worth!

Just got to say....

Im not impressed with th way PN treats its customers. Its blatent disregard for what the customer thinks is its own downfall. I spoke to Arun, who has no clue on how to deal with customers. His arrogance was 'pay up the 14.99 or u aint leavin' He needs serious training PN.

People read these and other forums before deciding on an ISP and they can decide from what they read.

I am currently trying to get a MAC code but am told I am liable for a 'one-off' migration fee that was 'deferred' when I joined (Move to PLUSNET for Free) Yeh!!

Also, the 45 day satisfaction guarantee , Im told is only for new customers not migratees. I am within this 45 days.

Read the Satifaction guarantee page and you decide! - http://www.plus.net/features/customer_guarantee.shtml?link=residential_guarantee

Then read this - http://portal.plus.net/info2/move_broadband/terms.html - Ive been quoted on both. Which comes first - the chicken or the egg, the guarantee or the the Ts & Cs

Its more of making the rules up as we go. Im sure the regulatatory bodies would rip the 'many versions' of Ts & Cs to pieces. This T & C supercedes that one and this one overwrites that one. Lets have 1 clear set of rules guys!

Im no lawyer but I found inconsistancies.

I only want to migrate away PN, please sort yourselves out.

Please

Ray