cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet how long does it take for you to get an engineer out

N/A

we have had a fault in our local exchange since 16th feb and my m8 started letting bt know , bt tested line there end all seemed ok but then said broadband side is down to your isp to contact bt homesales now its 04march i reported same fault on my line from 27th feb and i rang up plusnet for fault progress only to b told we still need to do tests so what is plusnet playing at because there is more then 1 of us with the same fault in same area and exchange why hasn't a bt homesales engineer been sent out and how much longer is this going to contin by the time this fault is fixed we would have lost 1 month broadband so i think because plusnet is taking there time (slow)its making this fault longer then nessary!
11 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Plus Net cannot send out a BT Wholesale engineer. They work for BT and only BT can do that. It is BT who own the exchange, and it is only them who can fix it.

As noted in your previous post, Plus Net have already reported your problem to BT Wholesale, and it is BTw's policy that tests are carried out in the manner they decree.

The fact that others are affected by your exchange problem might, just might, speed BT into action, but dont hold your breath.

If there is a problem at your exchange, you are at the mercy of BT. If Plus Net could go round there and sort it they would, but good old BT wont allow that.
jagger
Grafter

This . is a full stop
This , is a comma

The use of these may make your post readable.

Yeah, and what pcsni said.It's a BT problem.
N/A

This . is a full stop
This , is a comma

Yeah, and what pcsni said.It's a BT problem.[/quote

1st of all i suffer from dyslexia so for me to do this post was a dam good effort so stop slagging my grammar and spelling mistakes and stop slagging someone off who has disabilities in that area the fault is not bt they have tested it from there end jezs no wonder nothing gonna get done with attitudes like yours its bt fault that's total bull il explain once again then if u disagree then u phone bt up! the fault is not on my line to exchange its from exchange to isp and that part belongs to isp hiring that part of line and only a isp bt home sales team can investigate that part all the time u keep saying its bts fault and bt keeps saying its yours its never gonna be fixed so in the end who gets stuck in between us! starting to think an isp bit like car insurance all promise you everything until something goes wrong then they start blaming each other!
N/A

Hi there,

Unfortunately the BT people you have spoken to are BT retail. They can only check the voice side of your phone line, not the adsl. That bit is down to BT Wholesale.

Everything from the exchange to the ISP's BT central is owned by BTw. As stated previously this is a BT Wholesale problem, no on here is spinning you bull, the only bull that you hvae been given is from BT.

The advice given earlier in the thread and in your previous thread still stands. It is up to BT to sort and they will do it when they are good and ready and no sooner.

I know that that is not what you wanted to hear but it is fact unfortunately.
N/A

the only way bt will resolve it is only when plusnet contact bt that's what I'm moaning abt
N/A

mersback,

Can I quickly say that although I know your use of "Your Fault" is aimed at Plusnet, I can help but think that in some ways this points at pcsni as if he were an employee.

Pcsni, myself and all theother Moderators are nothing to do with Plusnet. We moderate these forums on a voluntary basis and do not get nothing for it. We have as much insight into the company and goings on as what you as a customer does.

As I said you were probably aiming your comments at Plusnet and not at pcsni hence just quickly squariing this point up.

( PS ) I had a friend with dyslexia before and it aint nice Sad . Whilst no one here can insist on you using grammer and being able to spell properly, perhaps you could start a new line every second sentence in order to help us. That way we are less likely to miss any info as the text is broken up into paragraphs.

Cheers and regards,
N/A

When was the last response to your ticket and what did that say?
N/A

2 days not been answerd for now
N/A

Can you give us an idea of what the ticket said?

Even copy and paste it to the board, leaving out the Agents names and we'll maybe get an idea from there.
jagger
Grafter

mersback

Apologies if I offended you.It was not intended.

This . is a full stop
This , is a comma

However,what I said still stands.It is true.

Tom's suggestion of breaking things down into sentences may help both you and your readers some.

Not only that,it would appear that more of us are suffering from the same sort of missing broadband problem,although not as severe as yours would appear.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39676
blaze30682
Grafter

i to have been told that plus.net has to phone and ask BTw to send out an engineer.

i first reported this problem around 15/16th of feb, and was passed back and forth by plus.net and bt.

yes it is being dealt with but at an unreasonably slow pace.

a system should be put in place for situations like this, tbh i think bt is stalling because we are not bt ip customers.
hopefully plus.net can find a way to make bt get this problem sorted soon!