cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet break a promise

winnipeg1823
Grafter

plusnet break a promise

To cut a long story short. Since 30th April I had ten days when I had no ADSL at all. Some poor responses from the support team didnt help, at the end one Customer Support Rep promised me a refund for the days I had no service, and told me to raise a ticket asking for such, I did
Below is the answer

As the wholesale supplier, Tiscali, offers no service level agreement (On any level, even to business customers) for ADSL
broadband internet in the UK, we cannot make any offer of compensation at this time. No ISP in the UK can offer compensation for service outages as they are not backed by a wholesale guarantee. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately, our position cannot change.

Regards,
Andy Wallace
4 REPLIES
N/A

plusnet break a promise

Interesting. I left tiscali nearly two years ago because of loss of service for over a week, without compensation. Came to Plusnet to escape!!! They say things come round in circles :shock:
winnipeg1823
Grafter

plusnet break a promise

Not many times in this world do you pay for something you dont get
Community Veteran

plusnet break a promise

BT wholesale do not offer an SLA either.

As for Tiscalli wholesale, just like BT wholesale they are seperate to their retail counterparts and have to trat them the same as they would other ISPs, Tiscalli retail also currently uses BT wholesale to deliver DSL as Tiscalli Wholesale are stilling unblundling exchanges, so far Tiscalli wholesale seem to be performing better than BT wholesale with faster and easier fault reporting systems and faster fault correcting turn around times.

The CS Agent was wrong to offer you a refund however as this was not a written statement its bascially your word against his.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

plusnet break a promise

I think you should insist on the refund. Raise a formal complaint - how to go about this is explained here.

If your loss of connection was "just one of those things" then you would have a much weaker case. But it wasn't - you had a perfectly working connection - Plusnet decided (not at your request) to make changes to your connection (move it over to Tiscali LLU). As a consequence of this work you lost connection and therefore Plusnet are liable. Whether Plusnet can claim any money back from Tiscali is irrelevant - your contract is with Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)