cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet & PPLive

N/A

plusnet & PPLive

I don't know if other users are aware of this, but PPlive is a very handy programme that lets you stream TV including football and sports normally only shown on sky sports. However, its run on a p2p system and just recently I've noticed just how bad its got. It used to be flawless, just like watching the TV, but recently its become almost unwatchable due to breakups and buffering, which I assume is down to plusnets fantastic traffic management Wink

Come on plusnet, sort it out - I pay you for an internet service, how about providing me with one?
5 REPLIES
N/A

plusnet & PPLive

I to watch this as you can get live premiership football ( via China) free
mostly good quality for me

Problem is what effect does this have on monthly usage
football practally everday whats that gonna do , will i be getting that dreaded email
You see its not just about heavy downloaders, many can see the way things are going towards watching stuff live on your pc.
But now im scared to use it
Ben_Brown
Grafter

plusnet & PPLive

neal73 - Our network management will improve streaming video if anything, as it has a higher priority than p2p.

If you are having problems with the connection it is more likely to be something esle causing the problem such as contention on your exchange or a fault on your line.

Have you tried any BT Speed Tests? What sort of speeds do you get on them?
N/A

plusnet & PPLive

Do you ever listen? He said it's based on P2P technology.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

plusnet & PPLive

Quote from PPLive website
PPLive is a free Shareware for online TV programs.
The software integrated the most advanced peer-to-peer technology so it can provide the users with the smoothest TV programs with no interceptions.
In P2P technology, everyone becomes a broadcaster without the cost of traditional streaming. the more users are online, the faster the programs can be loaded. Tell your friends to download PPLive and enjoy the programs.

Presumably this means that BB+ is useless and it may easily be impacted on premium at peak times - all evening usually
N/A

plusnet & PPLive

neal73 are you using + or premier , because when i said it works for me i didnt mention that i use premier. Shockedops:
If you are using BB+ then that is probaly why it is so bad