cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet, 6 months of problems & NONE sorted

bobbygeorge
Grafter

How can it be that we see the same problems re-occuring on a daily basis without any of them being addressed, only to recieve a "quick fix for now"

Surely it is a basic responsibility of an ISP to provide a usable service to paying customers for maybe 90% of the time.

Why should BB Premier customers pay full price for a service that is less than would be expected on BB Plus or indeed PAYG basic.

Obviously problems do occur due to the nature of the business, but it has to be said that the amount of problems experienced by plusnet is way beyond that of any other major ISP.

It is obvoius these are mostly caused by bandwidth constraints & the implementation of the shambolic ellacoya system management.

I'm afraid there's NO excuse for the situation with e-mails, P2P/USENET/FTP has now effectively ceased, web browsing is erratic at best with constant problems with the portal.

You just need to look at the posts at http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/ to see how many plusnet customers have fled to other ISP's

I would be interested to know how many ppl actually migrate to plusnet from elsewhere, from what I can see, very few, I mean what possible reason would you have Huh
94 REPLIES
N/A

dunno but I have request my MAC code, I've been with them since Oct 2004, it's gotten to such an appalling state I've request my Mac today.

To be fair they gave me this straight away ;o))
N/A

I think most ppl are hoping that the problems introduced by PN would eventually be solved by PN itself. Some may also feel entrapped by the system, having heard from media about general difficulties with ADSL services across the UK - direct result of the virtually unregulated BT monopoly, i would guess.

Personally, I have given up all hopes by now and got my MAC - bye bye PN and good luck to the other patient hopeful ppl Smiley
bobbygeorge
Grafter

hmm,

so at what point do plusnet get concerned with the amount of MAC code requests.

it's almost like a protest now.

It seems that ppl who have migrated here is the last year have now requasted their MAC & have long since gone to pastures new.

Only takes a few months here to realise the shambolic situation.
James
Grafter

We're always concerned when anyone requests a cancellation. It may appear to a number of people that we don't care, but I can assure you that the business is aware of the upset that it is currently causing and are deeply regretful of this.

There is currently a large amount of work ongoing both within Networks and Development where the primary focus is currently on fixing existing problems. I do appreciate though, that a large amount of concern is currently regarding the email stability problems and speed issues. Both of which are being looked into as a matter of priority.
N/A

Blah blah blah. Usual old flannel. Heard it for the last 6 months. PN are utter garbage. They DON'T give two fucks about any poor sap that's being treated like a total mug on a daily basis. You bunch have a lot to answer for. Thanks fuck PN with disappear very soon, I mean how much longer can you take so much money, yet give nothing but problems and NO answers.
I have an open ticket, nearly ONE MONTH where I've been mistakenly placed on 160kbps connection. How many tickets replies have I received? 13. All whingy bollocks.
'It's not our fault...'
Poor old PN, course it's not there fault. It's apparently the suppliers fault, hmmmmm total verbal diarrhoea, it's EXACTLY PN's fault for not MAKING the fucking suppliers FIX the fucking problem, lazy bastards. Now I got my MAC, so thank fuck for that. Sick to my back teeth of ya whining feeble excuses.
Lemme tell ya, I know you lot (there will be exceptions I'm sure) but the majority, Really couldn't care less.
Well, you all keep eating donuts and drinking tea, and when the 200 thousand people cotten on to how crap you really are, they'll split, and then you'll have nothing but a doll queue to look forward to, good. Wink
pppbm
Grafter

One is always pleased to read such erudite observations – especially when the English language is so beautifully crafted into meaningful prose.

One must assume that machina777 has a problem that far outweighs anything that other PlusNet customers are experiencing and that is why he is a ‘tad’ upset – somehow I doubt that his problems are vastly different to most and I, for one, cannot wait to see 200 thousand people ‘split’ nor indeed can I wait to view this ‘doll’ queue.

Meanwhile would the worker bees at PlusNet please get the job done and give us all a service and system that can cope with the demands of us ‘wage paying customers’.

Thank you so much
N/A

One is always pleased to read such erudite observations – especially when the English language is so beautifully crafted into meaningful prose.

The person is obviously frustrated (as I am) and James Bailey's post read like there's been no other 52 pages of grief on this thread and multiple other threads. PN's paid employees' responses here have been very very few and when they post it's been along the lines of "Oh, we never knew that and we'll look into it" -weeks after 100s of complaints. They've had nothing to say for weeks. What I don't understand is why do we have to give them all this technical info? How come they don' know their service is shit? We should be getting paid for all this chasing up for non-service.

Add to that months upon months of rubbish service, no answers, what seems like lies and misinformation.

I think machina777's reply hits the nail on the head.

What surprises me is the silence of the Mods. We've always been told "we're not employed by PN", "we don't get paid", "we're independent" etc etc. Well what do they really think of the terrible service from PN? They must be getting the same problems and if they've solved nothing and only seem to have something to say when someone swears (I was threatened with being banned for saying 'fanny' but some minion). So, then what's the point of having them? I'd like to hear from someone who gets paid what exactly their job is because we have a thread here of 52 pages of paid customers frustrations with no help.

Maybe one Mod has hinted at his real concern but the rest must either be lackies or liars.

I had to stop using my router today and go back to a USB modem because I never know when I've been disconnected or got timeouts or whatever. PN's service has been a nightmare for a least a week and a bad dream for months before that. And that's coming from someone who only uses http and a bit of P2P. Fuck knows how I'd feel if I needed FTP, P2P, email or any of the extra paid for business/professional services.

What a real shame.

Maybe we should all go to USwitch and tell it how it is?
N/A

We're always concerned when anyone requests a cancellation. It may appear to a number of people that we don't care, but I can assure you that the business is aware of the upset that it is currently causing and are deeply regretful of this.

Really ? Nearly everyone I have spoken to at the csc gives the impression on the phone that they dont care.(couple of exceptions)

You see James the perception that people have is that when they log a call it doesnt get fixed , people say they are looking at it , but there doesnt seem to be a resolution and that is one of the things that is winding people up.

My personal impression is as follows:

You dont seem to have enough people there with enough technical knowledge to fix a problem completely.

Infrastructure seems a bit flakey, it seems to have to be nursed all the time.

Everybody seems to be multitasking too much with no tiers of
support level, this creates time issues with calls and people .
Here's an example of how I think it should be done.

1st line , on the phones , doing the password reset stuff and answering basic setup questions.
2nd line. 1st line escalate to 2nd line anything they cant fix. A 2nd line support person then takes ownership of the call to resolution
3rd line. These should be the infrstructure guys who deal with issues that affect more than one customer.
These should be the guys doing the forum postings as they "should" have the most time available.At present it seems that most of the problems are 3rd level problems it should not be this way it should be a mix of 1st and 2nd level stuff.

Maybe im wrong , who knows
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

All traffic appears to be poor now. http is problematic at best, On speedtesters I do get around 3.5-4meg,( 6.3meg sync) but is terribly laggy and pings are around 140ms. Obviously there is a major issue, and if plus just came clean about the problems and how they are adressing them, I am sure alot of disgruntled people would be alittle happier. As it is, I see no light at the end of the tunnel, and Plus dont appear to want to give us a true story about the problems with the network as a whole. I had an E-Mail from james Bailey today, saying there was supoosed to be a status update on the speed issues, this afternoon, but Ive not seen it yet, also simon from betworks was going to be making a post, regards the same issue, according to the PUG forums. Not seen this either. The current exchange status cannot really be blamed here, as these issues were not apparant last week on my connection.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

You see James the perception that people have is that when they log a call it doesnt get fixed , people say they are looking at it , but there doesnt seem to be a resolution and that is one of the things that is winding people up.

totally agree, this can also be applied to ticket responses & forum postings here.

There is currently a large amount of work ongoing both within Networks and Development where the primary focus is currently on fixing existing problems. I do appreciate though, that a large amount of concern is currently regarding the email stability problems and speed issues. Both of which are being looked into as a matter of priority.

the problems we all are currently experiencing are all being looked into,

but hang on,

I could say that for the next 6 months just to keep customers off my back,

All we need to know is wheres the solution & WHEN will we see it !!!!

bl**dy infuriating Evil
N/A

useless service

I have been having problems since August and have now decided to request a mac code, On the phone the technician said no service is guaranteed to run smoothly all the time.Well this service ain't run smoothly any of the time!!!!! Sad

I agree with all the disgruntled people posting in this forum good luck to you all in the future. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
N/A

Request your Mac key and leave is my advice. I had the pleasure of leaving Plus Net today, i am amazed at the speed diference.

LEAVE, LEAVE, LEAVE
N/A

I have to agree with every thing said here

My own story is the same months and months of problems after a rock solid service going back to 2002

I moved house 8 months ago just as these problems started and i thought then shall i cancel and move ISP or stay fool that i am i stayed thinking they will sort it

Sort it ha ha they ballsed up the house move and i was with out service for a couple of weeks and of course now if i want leave its gonna cost me 50 quid i think when i could have canceled and joined a new ISP for free

We were told the Max dsl upgrade was going to be done on long service i finally received my upgrade email about 4 weeks ago still not been maxed mind you so all i can say is there must be alot of people behind me lol

I hardly ever used to visit this forum let alone post never had the need now i check regualy just to make sure im the only one that cant

Web Browse Check Email Connect Game Download P2P or do just about anything else without problems

When i Joined back in 2002 PN were not the cheapest ISP in fact they were quite expensive compared to many but they were the best and i was happy to pay extra for that service

Now there just anuther cut price crap outfit i wonder how many of us would have been happy to keep paying that bit extra for the service we used to have

I no i would
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Now there just anuther cut price [censored] outfit i wonder how many of us would have been happy to keep paying that bit extra for the service we used to have

I agree,

I currently pay £21.99 for BB PREMIER UPTO 8 MEG, however I would certainly pay £24.99 or even £29.99 for a good service I can rely on, and if it helps plusnet with their bandwidth problems (which everything seems to be related to) it can't be a bad thing.

Maybe these are points plusnet should be listening to before customers request their MAC code & leave to another ISP at £29.99, but recieve a reliable service.

So, to sum up, thats all we want, A RELIABLE SERVICE.

Maybe it's just me but its common sense :roll: