cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plus vs premier

N/A

plus vs premier

I have 7months of my contract remaining, so I can't afford to move until this is up

At the moment I have BB+ 2mb, what (if any) would be the advantage of upgrading to premier? (I am NOWHERE near the bandwidth limits, but I would appreciate faster speeds if they are available, lower contention etc.)

I can't figure it out from the website, or previous threads - would it be worth me upgrading, would I recieve a better service?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES
StuWard
Grafter

plus vs premier

If you are not a heavy downloader, then its probably not worth it

BB+ is Premier, but with restrictions on P2P and Binary Newsgroups
N/A

Premier Upgrade

If you are nowhere near your bandwidth limits then I'd stay where you are.
Having a lower contention is okay if everybody in your area on your exchange line etc is always on the net at the same time as you, but to tell you the truth I have noticed no difference whatsoever since I have had the lower contention ratio.

I have had a premier account since joining, which was fine when I had the 'kids' living with me and all downloading and playing games almost 24/7 - now there is only two of us and I find I am paying more than for what I effectively need - Be wary of changing if you find you want to change back you may have to pay PN's regrade fee's.. It cost me almost a months rental charge to lower my monthly cost from my initial £29:99 to the £21:99 I pay now.

As for higher speeds - Check your exchange data with BT first. I'm meant to be anywhere up to 8MB but presently only get 1MB because the 'upgrades' on a lot of exchanges are behind schedule, so I don't even get the luxury of 2MB and I'm on a premier account! - To this end you may find yourself paying extra money to PN for a service that you can't receive...

That's my penny's worth. Just consider whether you really need it before you move up, but it's your money and your choice in the end.

Good luck.
N/A

plus vs premier

But this hardly makes sense now, as p2p and USENET are now restricted on PREMIER too, so tell me where then difference is ?

There is none, PREMIER account ain't worth the extra 7 quid now if you ask me.

Would be happy to be proven right !
N/A

plus vs premier

I would appreciate faster speeds if they are available, lower contention etc.)

Premier and Plus are both provided with a BT contention at 50:1.

Forget the ISP contention spin. This is what counts.
rammie1976
Grafter

plus vs premier

But this hardly makes sense now, as p2p and USENET are now restricted on PREMIER too, so tell me where then difference is ?

There is none, PREMIER account ain't worth the extra 7 quid now if you ask me.

Would be happy to be proven right !

Don't hold ya breath! :lol:

Am on BB+ - seems okay, although a bit wobbly over the past few days. But who knows why that may be - one things for sure +net wouldn't communicate any little problems they might be having.
N/A

plus vs premier

Well I started on BB+ the difference was the level of throttling, I was lucky to get any more than 20k/s at *any* time on BB+, now on premier I get 240k/s off peak and about 190k/s peak. Seems to me like there is a bit of a difference.