cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plus net dishonest about leaving fee

N/A

I have not long been with plus net , now i want to leave because i do not agree with plus nets new terms & conditions.

I was told on the phone yesterday that i would not have to pay the £14.99 migration fee, if i did not agree with the new terms. Now i have been told that i have to pay it, plus net change there mined when it suites them. I also was reading about it on ADSL guide and it was saying the same.

How can plus net get away with this, they lie, mislead you. Looks like i will be going to trading standards about this.

Do i or do i not have to pay for leaving plus net?
16 REPLIES
N/A

I am sorry , not much good at this forum thing.

I was reading on some other posts that you do not have to pay the 14.99, so what is it :x .

I cant wait to migrate away from this crap ISP.

They have very poor customer service and stupid download speed on P2P.

By the way i am on BB+
N/A

Quote "They have very poor customer service and stupid download speed on P2P.

By the way i am on BB+" unquote

That's why you get slow download speeds BB+ is not the best for P2P go onto Prem and you will get better speeds.
N/A

Hi, i now now that BB+ is not right for P2P but did not Know it was so restrictive.

Evan on the BBP they still restrict your P2P.

I am going to migrate to an ISP that do not have the slow P2P & cheaper.
It is just this 14.99 problem.
N/A

I have found what looks like a good ISP, Eclipse internet.

Not bad prices & thay are rated highly, better than plusnet

It also is flex broadband
There are no restrictions. Eclipse has a policy or not blocking ports or capping usage.

If anybody cant wait to leave plus net then give Eclipse ago.

Anyway plusnet should be called, sloooow net.

Good luck to all you people on crap plusnet.
N/A

If you where informed you do not have to pay yesterday, this was incorrect.

Aditionaly, ADSL Guide has said you will need to pay since Thursday.

Any defered costs that are held under your contract that are still outstanding, are indeed owed prior to leaving.

This will include the migration in fee, if you have been with PlusNet less than 12 months.
N/A

acarr, that legal advice is not correct. It is PlusNet's current position, but only because no one has yet challenged it formally.
N/A

Defered payment as those that PlusNet have agreed to underwrite, provided that you remain with PlusNet for a minimum period.

I don't see morgage companies saying "OK, you don't have to repay your morgage, because you don't agree the changes.
N/A

Mortgage companies do not change their terms. The terms of a mortgage are laid down in a deed you sign when you buy your house.
StuWard
Grafter

Defered payment as those that PlusNet have agreed to underwrite, provided that you remain with PlusNet for a minimum period.

I don't see morgage companies saying "OK, you don't have to repay your morgage, because you don't agree the changes.

This is wrong Acarr.

You sign a mortgage for a set period, where the lender cannot defer from the set conditions.
PN has not done this, it has re-writted a whole set og T+C to suit its new plan, thus making all previous contracts void. If the consumer does not agree to the new T+C he is perfectly in his rights to leave free of charge without obligation.
painswck
Grafter

If you where informed you do not have to pay yesterday, this was incorrect.
Aditionaly, ADSL Guide has said you will need to pay since Thursday..

You seem to wear a different pair of glasses to everyone else. The only people on ADSLGuide saying that the charges are legal are the likes of yourself and the cs staff.

If you actually read the posts over there you will find that your statements do not match the facts.
N/A

I never said that the ADSL Guide staff said you would need to.

I said that ADSL Guide itself does. Read the front page.
N/A

Why not just raise a ticket and ask CS if you will be charged for migration, but you must tell them why you want to migrate.
That's what I did and the answer came back the following morning, needless to say I have copied and pasted the question and answer to a text file, just in case it may be needed for future reference.
N/A

I raised a ticket yesterday , but still waiting.

I have not long called cs, they said that i should receive a reply today.

looks like i will also be going to CAB.

when isp like plusnet keep changing there minds as often as they do, this is a sure sign of a cowboy company.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The legality as you put it has been checked out. The free migration and free activation offers are exactly that - special offers and have their own terms applied to them seperate to the main T's & C's.

For example, the free migration offer is subject to you remaining a broadband customer with us for 12 months. If you cancel or migrate out within the first 12 months for any reason then you would need to repay the £14.99 migration fee.