cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please look at this speed im getting!!!!! help!!

N/A

why is my speed so slow??

last week i was getting like 3mbps but now look!!

please sort this out

30 REPLIES
N/A

Ansel, join in the migration.

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies. It seems that I have just been made aware of a very large problem to do with Plusnet and it's not just me either. Plusnet use many words to describe their failures and I object to being blamed for using what I am paying for. I doubt the directors will be using public transport from now on.

I will be making (don't laugh) BBC Watchdog aware of this and I will formally request that Plusnet compensate their affected BB customers accordingly. This is clearly a breach of our contractual terms of agreement and I am not paying them for ISDN! I will not expect a massive conversation between Plusnet and myself to ensue as I have already read that they apportion the blame for them not knowing what we are doing squarely on our shoulders...due to us not telling them that our speeds had dropped to below ISDN levels...not informing them in advance that we would actually like to use our service...and it's all basically our fault for using what we are being charged for. This is nothing more than blaming us for being customers.

I urge anyone considering moving to another provider to do so immediately (see www.simplyswitch.com)and to formally request compensation for having to do so. I suggest that you do report this to their cutomer services centre so that they cannot say that they were not made aware of this. I suggest that we form a collective so that we are fairly represented and to ensure that we are not put through the Plusnet Customer Services route for any longer than is absolutely necessary.

As a former customer of Plusnet, as of tomorrow morning, I will be available on darryld1@hotmail.com from then onward.

Yours Sincerely,

Darryld1
BenG
Grafter

be lucky your getting that look at mine

considering I was getting 240KB yesteray.

also you may want to pop over to this thred for more info on speed matters, I am sure it cheer you up no ends it has with anyone else

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53647
N/A

when are the speeds going to be what they should be again?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Ansel, join in the migration.

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies. It seems that I have just been made aware of a very large problem to do with Plusnet and it's not just me either...

We heard you the first time - please stop spamming the forums. You get up the nose of your fellow users far more than any affect you may have on Plusnet themselves.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

And who PRECISELY are you?
This matter is a serious service failure,a breach of Plusnet's contract with it's customers and I encourage your support.
...assuming the Forum Moderators are not all as out to lunch as Plusnet's sorry excuse for Customer Contact Centre, they'll read it all and act accordingly.
N/A

heres mine, and im well happy with it, highly reccomend it to upgrade to premier.

Fixes: 132

And who PRECISELY are you?
This matter is a serious service failure,a breach of Plusnet's contract with it's customers and I encourage your support.
...assuming the Forum Moderators are not all as out to lunch as Plusnet's sorry excuse for Customer Contact Centre, they'll read it all and act accordingly.

elvin is someone who has taken the time to post very positively and offered a great deal of help within the forum.

While I appreciate your grievance it is, after all, your grievance. Maybe not everyone sees it in the same way - and what have you got to lose posting in such a manner, you are leaving PN?

For myself, most of my recent issues have been resolved by PN but I did finmd a little patience and courteousy helped. If furher problems arise I will tackle them as and when.

Feel free to shoot me down in flames if you like as this only my opinion Smiley

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Do not contact me again unless you wish to contribute positively to what I am doing.

I am currently:
- e-mailing BBC Watchdog on behalf of ALL Plusnet customers affected by this contractual breach.
- on the phone (still holding) to Plusnet's version of Customer Services to obtain my MAC code
- have already decided that bethere.co.uk will be my new ISP.

You apparently do not have a problem with paying for something and not receiving it while being blamed for using the very service you are paying for. I and many others do have a problem with this and I am not going to give Plusnet any room to make further excuses for their failure.

They have failed - this is business!

Do not contact me again unless you wish to contribute positively to what I am doing.

If that comment was aimed at me then I didn't know I had contacted you, sorry about that Wink

Didn't know you had become a moderator; sorry about that, too Shockedops:

You apparently do not have a problem with paying for something and not receiving it while being blamed for using the very service you are paying for. I and many others do have a problem with this and I am not going to give Plusnet any room to make further excuses for their failure.

Currently, I do not have any major problems with PN. There are some issues but I have hopes they will be sorted. I recently had some major problems with speeds, customer service, banging my head up walls, etc. but have come through it without appearing rude or arrogant - at least, I hope I have.

I wish you good luck in your endeavours and your new ISP.

Regards

P.S. oh, and isn't it against netquette to hijack a thread. I may be wrong, but who am I?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

N/A

Plusnet are a Legally Contracted Internet Service Provider NOT an old friend who accidentally got something wrong and who needs a cup of tea and a chat! They are mismanaging my service so I will do it for them!

Forum posting is no substitute for positive action though it helps to motivate anyone who was thinking about doing something for themselves.

You might choose to 'bang your head against a wall' in order to resolve your 'major problems' with a service you are paying for. Others consider a more rational business approach to legally indefensible behaviour by companies. You pay your money you take your choice.

bethere have already personally responded to my e-mail while I was waiting to be connected to a Plusnet employee via a device they need to familiarise themselves with usually called a telephone and serving the customers who pay them appropriately. Lengthy responses do not serve to clarify, they are obfuscations.
carrot63
Grafter

You might choose to 'bang your head against a wall' in order to resolve your 'major problems' with a service you are paying for. Others consider a more rational business approach to legally indefensible behaviour by companies. You pay your money you take your choice.

Nevertheless, not everyone is in the same boat, and therefore they do choose the remedy that suits them. "indefensible behaviour by companies" is rather par for the course these days, and there are dozens who I might set a lawyer on before getting to Plusnet.

Plusnet may be undergoing something of a spectacular implosion in the last 12 months, but take a close look at the broadband business and you will find far worse contractual breaches being perpetrated on far larger numbers of people than here. Watchdog will far more likely be interested in Tiscali's dreadful record on almost everything or Carphone Warehouses inability to deliver to their promises that in PN buggering around with ellacoyas.

Plusnet have developed a very thick skin in the last year, and good luck to you if you think you can deliver a sting - but don't assume that yours is the only solution for everyone.
N/A

There is no 'boat'! The only concept of 'everyone' is local contention rates. It appears to be the case that there are many localities where people are experiencing below ISDN speeds while paying for a contract that states 'upto 8Mb'.

Why and on whose behalf are you defending Plusnet's contractual breaches? I am asking on behalf of everyone who is paying for a service they are not receiving. As you are having a Valentines affair with your ISP, look at it in this way - I am encouraging them to provide the excellent service I know they can provide and are choosing not to.

I will contact Plusnet's Chimpanzee's tea party to obtain my MAC again tomorrow. Watchdog have received my mail - Ofcom are next on my list - then ADSL guide and anywhere else I decide to notify about this nonsense.

Plusnet will feel a sting alright though I suppose you have become numb to their painfully inadequate service.

Watch this one take off.

@darryld1

I think you may be misreading our own ideals and feelings regarding PN as defending them.

Sadly, I feel your personal attacks to both PN and other forum posters do you no favours.

Again, I wish you good luck.

I don't wish to be drawn into a tennis match with you so I will withdraw from this thread until it returns back on topic.

Regards

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Some time ago BB+ was sold as contended at 50:1.

8000 / 50 = 160

So when the average speed across all users has fallen below 160Kbps you might just have a case for breach of contract.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)