cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

persistent line drops today

N/A

Anyone else getting their line dropping out on them today? Mine's gone down about 15 times since 9am, and its driving me nuts. Most odd too as usually its online all day without so much as the vaguest problem.

I tried calling tech support but was informed it was a 30 minute wait, which is a bit of a joke. The service status doesn't state anything either.

So: am I alone in this one or is it a wider issue affecting all PlusNet customers?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

My line was dropping loads over th past few days, but it seems to have been cured by a new transformer for my router.

I'm not saying you are experiencing the same fault, but there could be other factors at play - do you have your line stats available?
N/A

I don't have any line stats bar the speed tests run over the last few weeks. To clarify, I'm not necessarily saying its a PlusNet issue - after all, someone could just be doing works on my exchange causing the outages - but it just seems a bit odd is all. Like I said, my line is usually 100% reliable, so it seems odd that its been playing up all of a sudden...
aeroalfie
Grafter

Yes mine was doing that last night, had a heavy rain storm at the same time might have had something to do with that though as its normally ok.
N/A

I've seen mention of this heavy storm thing elsewhere. Can't say its ever made a bean of difference to me...
aeroalfie
Grafter

I get problems with the sky box aswell during storms :?
N/A

Well that makes sense though: if you're receiving via satellite then there's an argument for the rain affecting reception Cheesy
Community Veteran

Heavy rain and humidity in the air can affect items such as joints in lines (at telegraph poles etc) which can explain lower quality signals theough phone lines.

Also lots of moisture in the ground can, if thee are breaks in the sheilding affect the noise induced into lines underground.

Perhaps this could be a cause?
N/A

Possibly, but bear in mind 2 things:

1) Its been sunny here in London for the last 2 days. Blazing hot infact Cheesy

2) The issue has been happening just since this morning - and appears to have stopped for now too.

So whatever it is/was, I'm guessing it was more likely to have been due to technical issue at the exchange or with PlusNet themselves...
Community Veteran

You lucky thing its been chucking it down here - although its not to bad today.

You are probably right, exchange sounds like a good bet. Aren't there some moves to trial ADSL2+ in London, perhaps some work is being done to ready your exchange for that?

Fingers crossed its all fixed for you now.
N/A

Indeed! Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

BT had two large outages this morning see this

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=19271

and

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=19287

Could well be that one of these could be the cause. Is your area code listed?
N/A

Mine isn't listed there, but I am in that vicinity (Ealing), and so its plausible it could be a factor.

I've had another 4 outages since my last post though, so whatever it is, I don't think its fully fixed yet Sad