cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak time usage?

N/A

peak time usage?

my billing date has passed and I assume im on the now pathetic 10gb limits.

So why have I still got the 8am to 4pm usage so far this month in connection settings?
29 REPLIES
N/A

peak time usage?

Probably because the rollout of the new products so far has been a resounding failure Wink The new VMBU is not ready as we were previously told it was, so has not been rolled out yet. They're hoping to have it out by Monday... probably...
Studio_Two
Grafter

peak time usage?

So will he / she have to wait until the NEXT Billing Period?
N/A

peak time usage?

so is peak time still 8am to midnight or is it 4pm to midnight?

What are the d/l limits at the moment?

i havent received any email from plusnet advising of any change so Im presuming we still have 20gb clean and 30gb peak time. Is this right?
JonathanW
Grafter

peak time usage?

This depends on two things, when you were billed and which account type you were on.

If you were billed on either the 3rd, 7th or 8th then no matter what account type you were on you should have been moved accross. Though if you're billed on any other day then you might not have been changed over yet, due to issues resulting from the power outage suffered recently.

The best thing to do is check your account summary page, under Account Details, as this will tell you exactly which package you are on.

If you have been moved over, then the new usage policy is in place, if you haven't then you are still on the old one for your account.

With regards to the changes to VMBU, this is actually a seperate project that we're delivering at the same time, but due to additional bugs discovered in extended testing with PUG this has had to be pushed back a little.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

peak time usage?

Jon, I've asked this before and had no answer. If you are on the PAYG 10GB special, how can you tell if you've been changed over?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

peak time usage?

This depends on two things, when you were billed and which account type you were on.

If you were billed on either the 3rd, 7th or 8th then no matter what account type you were on you should have been moved accross. Though if you're billed on any other day then you might not have been changed over yet, due to issues resulting from the power outage suffered recently.

The best thing to do is check your account summary page, under Account Details, as this will tell you exactly which package you are on.

If you have been moved over, then the new usage policy is in place, if you haven't then you are still on the old one for your account.

With regards to the changes to VMBU, this is actually a seperate project that we're delivering at the same time, but due to additional bugs discovered in extended testing with PUG this has had to be pushed back a little.

for christs sake what are you talking about - 3rd, 7th, 8th? im on 2mb premier

if my account is changing it's up to you to tell me it's changed

ive received nothing.

so please tell me what im currently on
JonathanW
Grafter

peak time usage?

In the case of this package, then I'd suggest checking the tickets under link:contact us to see if there is a recent service notice regarding an account change.
Studio_Two
Grafter

peak time usage?

Jon,

I'm sorry to labour the point, but why don't you WRITE to everyone and let us know the situation. Most of us are going to totally oblivious to what is currently happening with our broadband service.

This should include a full analysis of our usage and a recommendation as to any action we need to take.

There are many people woh are also paying too much at present. A mate of mine is a very light user (1-2GB per month). He was paying £24.99 a month, until he switched to the cheaper package. Is it is against your business policy to advise customers when they are on the wrong package?

Yours hopefully.
N/A

peak time usage?

If you've received no e-mail stating that your account has changed, then I'd say you can be 99% sure that your account hasn't changed. This will mean you are still on the old limits.
Of course, if you are on the new limits, the VMBU doesn't actually show any of this yet. And the free PlusTalk packages aren't working for many people. It's all going as expected... i.e. badly.
N/A

peak time usage?

pathetically, shambolically badly - no-one has a clue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

peak time usage?

In the case of this package, then I'd suggest checking the tickets under <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> to see if there is a recent service notice regarding an account change.

If that was directed at me, I can't see anything in my tickets and I was billed on 3rd April.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

peak time usage?

same here (yawn)
JonathanW
Grafter

peak time usage?

I'm sorry to labour the point, but why don't you WRITE to everyone and let us know the situation. Most of us are going to totally oblivious to what is currently happening with our broadband service.

Everyone has been emailed regarding these changes, both through the news letter and to everyone who'd opted out of receiving the news letter.

This should include a full analysis of our usage and a recommendation as to any action we need to take.

Its not our place to suggest which account type someone should be on, this is down to the individual user to know what kind of package they are after and compaire it to those that we have available.

There are many people woh are also paying too much at present. A mate of mine is a very light user (1-2GB per month). He was paying £24.99 a month, until he switched to the cheaper package. Is it is against your business policy to advise customers when they are on the wrong package?

Again, it isn't our place to tell someone which package they should be on. As its possible that any analsis we did based on usage data could be vastly incorrect, for example if someone has a couple of light months and we suggest they change to the Plus/PayG package, and then they go back to their normal usage which is more suitable for a Premier account. So its more of a business policy to not advise anyone which account type they should be on.
N/A

peak time usage?

Everyone has been emailed regarding these changes, both through the news letter and to everyone who'd opted out of receiving the news letter.

They have been told about the overall product changes, but not the changes to those changes Wink