cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak time usage and off peak

N/A

i see that peak time is 4pm until midnight and for my premiere 1 account i get 15gb.

1. is this for every day of the week or does it change at the weekends?

2. does this mean my off-peak usage is unlimited?

its never worried me before as i am 'a target audience' for plusnet, weighing in at around 10gb per month (total for off and peak usage) but now my daughter has discovered skybybroadband and each movie is around 600 mb i can see trouble on the horizon.

thx for any replies
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

Apart from anything else, there is another worrying aspect to the off peak period that may eat into your bandwidth allowance.

VMBU can be up to 4 hours behind (plus processing time) at the moment in processing the updates at the moment, it will change back to 2 hours soon (I'll chase up when for you).

Linky link

It may be wise to end the downloads in the off peak period at 4.00 AM . Wink
N/A

Re: peak time usage and off peak

but now my daughter has discovered skybybroadband and each movie is around 600 mb i can see trouble on the horizon.

I can as well: because if I understand the system correctly; does not Skybroadband require uploads via p2p as well which I believe are also counted by Plusnetl.......... which again will eat heavily into an allowance.Both of which are reasons I am steering clear of that sort of technology for a while.
N/A

so if i start the download during the day (midday'ish) i will be fine coz i am off peak (even allowing for the 4hrs) and off peak is unlimited ?

would that be correct

i dont want to fall foul of the over usage, that said maybe PN will call me to complain and i can keep them on hold for an hour whilst i play them a medly of mungo jerry hits (maybe it wont take an hour then).
N/A

does not Skybroadband require uploads via p2p

dont know but now i am worried.