cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment refunds after migrating away

N/A

Just moved from plusnet to newnet, I requested my MAC on the 16/10/06 and was live with newnet on the 24/10/06. Today I got an email from plusnet saying they will be taking another payment on the 30/10/06. I queried this by a ticket and got the reply below. Can someone confirm this is correct please ? as I find it pretty confusing lol

Dear ****,
I can see that you requested a MAC key on 16/10/06. As you may be aware you are required to provide 30 days notice if you wish to cancel your account. This means that we need to invoice you up to 15/11/06. The latest invoice on your account only goes up to 29/10/06. We will take a further payment on 30/11/06. Please raise a ticket after this date requesting a refund of 15 days of this invoice. We will then cancel your account.

Regards,
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Obviously a slight typo it should be 30/10/06
One point to note - they are cancelling your account instead of downgrading to PAYG dialup to retain your e-mail addresses.
Is this what you want.
N/A

So they take a month and then you try and get a refund on half.
Why can they not take the exact amount ?
Why have you to pay more than you need to ?
shellsong
Grafter

Because their invoicing system is incapable of doing it any other way :roll:
N/A

I've just asked for a MAC and got this:

Cancellation charges:
--------------------
You have been charged £10.26 to cancel your service.

I thought it was the last payment, but obviously not. In which case, I've no idea what its for :?
N/A

Obviously a slight typo it should be 30/10/06

thanks thats the part that confused me lol
N/A

I know they charge for the last month once you give notice but I didn't know there was a cancellation fee. I never saw that when I joined up a year ago.
I did check carefully before joining Plusnet because my previous ISP Zazizam/V21 charged £30 for a MAC. They were even worse than Plusnet for customer service.
Mind you there are probably so many leaving that it's giving them a nice little earner.

I get the impression that most ISP's will take the money but not give a reasonable customer service in return. Perhaps the competiton is so high and their income isn't high enough to support enough people to give a competant service.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Did a Google search and found this page - but nothing since http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/tandcarchive/280405-240805/contract_periods.html
N/A

I've since noticed that PN seems to have fubar'd yet again. Even though I requested a mac, then are treating it as a complete cease :?