cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payg

superloon
Grafter

payg

moved to payg on monday so i could download when i liked? its friday now and i cannot download at peak time has anyone any idea when my speeds will improve?
32 REPLIES
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Re: payg

moved to payg on monday so i could download when i liked? its friday now and i cannot download at peak time has anyone any idea when my speeds will improve?

I think you have been listening to much to +net people re PAYG,as I've said in another thread in this forum few days back I've been with +net 4 yrs (approx 2.5 yrs)on PAYG and in the distance past it was ok-ish not now though, so don't hold your breath.
It's no better this end than any of the other packages +net sell,it sucks.
Would like to say it's cr*p but not allowed,some people from +net class it as swearing,must have been nun's and priest's in a past life.
James
Grafter

payg

There really shouldn't be an issue with payg traffic. Can you be more specific as to what you are seeing?
superloon
Grafter

payg

im down loadin adout 13kbs really slow i have put a ticket on help and support because of the speed and my useage meter is not workin properly either?Huh
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

payg

There really shouldn't be an issue with payg traffic. Can you be more specific as to what you are seeing?

Hi James.
Thanks for the interest.

Bitorrent client= Utorrent 1.6
Ports open.
Seeds connected 4
Peers connected 6

Have just had Utorrent 1.6 running for 20 mins.
Download speed of torrent 0.3 kb/s slowest//highest in 20 mins test 2.6 kb/s .Time 21:40,Friday

Don't normally download till after midnight as I know it tends to gobble bw.
Been trying to download a 344mb torrents for several nights
now,midnight till 0730 ish,so far stands @ 67% completed.

No longer a teenager and am beginning to think I won't be able to complete this download before I go toes up.

Http, router synched at exchange @ 3296 mbs for several days now,speed tests show approx 1500 mbs down,hell of a lot better than some poor sods with +net I know,but I used to get 3 mbs down.Exchange shows no problems (great dunmow)
But speed has not updated it self after 3 days of being synched @ 3296 mbs.
If I've not explained or covered all it's probabl due to the bottle of cuvee prestige I've just downed,that one thing that does go down very quickly :lol:

As regards http speed friend next door (10 feet away) with BT retail,same computer(purchased both together for discount)
same routers ,netgear dg834,same exchange.
His http down speed most times between 4000 and 4500 mbs.

Now I know the above http BT speed thing could/could be down to several things,BUT for me it's Plusnet imposed limits on all packages that the problem.

I've really have enjoyed my time with +net and really don't want to leave,I've not had all the problems that many have had and probably better off with a cut down speed than many reading this.

I for one would gladly pay extra for a good PAYG service like it used to be,so how much do you need to get extra pipes?. Smiley

Like I said if I've missed things out thats because I'me three parts to the wind :roll: and any more will have to wait until later.
James
Grafter

payg

Hi Barry,

Firstly regarding http speeds, with a sync rate of 3296kbps, your bRAS is being correctly applied at 2848kbps. I've made a minor change at this end which should mean that you can squeeze a little bit more of our your connection.

Regarding Torrent speeds on PAYG, it's not something I've heard complaints about. I know that Usenet has been working pretty well = Elvin is a good example of this Smiley
N/A

payg

I know that Usenet has been working pretty well = Elvin is a good example of this Smiley

You can add me to that list Cheesy
superloon
Grafter

payg

hi james
i have just switched to payg and my speeds off peak are great but peak time my p2p is rubbish does it take time to be upgraded? my meter was changed on monday
James
Grafter

payg

It shouldn't do, no.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

payg

Check the setting of the Plusnet Broadband Firewall - it affected Bit Torrent significantly here - I changed it from HIGH to LOW and that fixed the problem.
James
Grafter

payg

Ah, good call.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

payg

Also remember to disconnect and reconnect after you change the Broadband Firewall settings for them to take effect.
superloon
Grafter

payg

yes firewall is off cant belive speeds CRAP someone at plusnet does not like me Evil :twisted: Evil :twisted: Evil :twisted:
johnmglen
Grafter

payg

I moved to PAYG and all is fine again so far. Hoping it stays that way. Gotta say, PN were very helpful and very quick (and they really didn't have to move so fast). So, in the interests of balance, I am very happy with the move, the support and the performance so far. And at 6GB cap, I am only paying a few quid extra - so no complaints here.

I am still confused as to why BB+ went belly up though, that still needs sorting ASAP for many others.
N/A

payg

I am still confused as to why BB+ went belly up...

You appear to have answered your own question below. Wink
I moved to PAYG and all is fine again..., I am only paying a few quid extra...