cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pathetic broadband on premier account

N/A

i am trying to send a file to a friend 1 on 1... speeds few months ago were always in the 40kb/s upload.. then it dropped to bet 5 and 8kb/s between hours of 4pm and 11pm... now its at anytime of day or night.and right now is 8.645kb/s. whats the point of a 448 upload speed if plusnet are making it impossible to use.. if this is a fixed thing now.. then its time to move on sharpish..as this is no good to me.....oh down to 6.21kb/s now..at 11.18am pathetic.

can someone tell me how long it takes to swop isps, and how...thanks.
5 REPLIES
PhillipH
Grafter

Yup its great isnt it Smiley

Downloading is pretty crap too. The best bit is that theyre now selling capped 8meg for 9.99 and we are still paying top price Smiley
N/A

Hi there,

Sorry to see that its not as good as should be. Out of interest whats your download speed like in comparison?

When moving ISP's it can take up to about 12 days in a normal month etc. I wouldnt like to wager a guess on how long it could take at this time of year :s though.

Regards,
N/A

You will need a MAC which can can only be obtained by raising a ticket through the portal (Help & Support, Customer Services & Billing, Account Management, Request a MAC key).

Your 30 days notice starts from the day you request your MAC. If you do not use your MAC within 30 days then it lapses and your Plusnet account continues as normal - you do not get disconnected. Your monthly payment will be taken in full during your notice period.

Once you have your MAC you can can sign up with a new ISP who will arrange the transfer through BTw. Once the transfer has gone through then you need to tell Plusnet that you have migrated away and request a refund for the period paid for in excess of your 30 day notice period.

If you do not want to pay both ISP's in the same month then you will need to find out how long your new ISP will take to migrate you (typically 7 to 14 days) and use the MAC code on a date which will allow migration to take place towards the end of your notice period.
N/A

be. Out of interest whats your download speed like in comparison?
Regards,

a file download test was 293kb/s at 2.43pm

just been looking at isp stuff.. zen seems ok on the surface even if a little more cost..?
N/A

made mind up mac requested..... Wink