cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p

N/A

p2p

Why can`t i download p2p as in torrents etc. I used to be able 2. Is it the low usage no p2p IP address per chance or just me. Have had the same account for about 3 years on ADSL statup or something like that. can you help
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

p2p

Hi,

Is the account type Home Surf? If so then that would be the reason as P2P isn't allowed on Home Surf accounts and never has been. If you want to use P2P then you would probably best upgrading to Broadband Premier.
N/A

p2p

yes its home surf. I was using other p2p before and they worked. Is it some change due to reorganising of the different accounts and if i upgrade to premier would this sort the problem

Thanks

Ken
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

p2p

P2P has always been blocked on Home Surf, it's just our systems are better at it than previously. If you upgrade to Premier then you would be able use P2P.
N/A

p2p

If you upgrade to Premier then you would be able use P2P.

After a fashion, that is, providing you're not interested in using it at peak times when everything slows to a crawl and connections get dropped.
N/A

p2p

Has P2P on Premier improved as a result of the new service improvements? I'm on BBPlus at the moment and want to know whether it's worth upgrading.
Dan
N/A

p2p

Has P2P on Premier improved as a result of the new service improvements?

I've just had it confirmed to me that emule / ed2k is err.. incompatible with the new traffic management. (can we have an official announcement please f9?)

Torrents seem to work ok on premier, but I like to have a choice, so I've just asked for my mac key.

Took nearly a month to get an admission from f9, now they want a months notice :lol:
N/A

p2p

I've just had it confirmed to me that emule / ed2k is err.. incompatible with the new traffic management. (can we have an official announcement please f9?)

Torrents seem to work ok on premier, but I like to have a choice, so I've just asked for my mac key.

Took nearly a month to get an admission from f9, now they want a months notice :lol:
N/A

p2p