cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p problems since sunday evening?

N/A

Hello

I am on BB premier and since sunday evening from approx 7pm, p2p/torrent downloads have dropped in speed.

All weekend until then I was able to get an average of around 120kb/s on > 60% of torrent downloads.

Since around 7pm this dropped to an average of 10kb/s on all torrents (ranging from 4kb/s to a max of 10kb/s)

My usage has not gone over 30Gb this month so should not have gone onto the bronze packet shaping.

Speed tests are showing my line is slighly above 2Mb and http downloads are fine.

No congestion at exchange from the tests.

I have also tried downloading a linux distro and the max speed I can get out of that is 60kb/s average is 40kb/s

Now I am not sure if this is just plus net that is being affected by this, as I have checked other isp forums and there are a lot of posts about slowness since sunday evening.

Have bt been fiddling or something else lurking in the background?

Not really that bothered just seems to be strange that other people on other isps are seeing this as well.

thanks

darrenf (zippy666)
11 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there

Have a look at this thread because I;m having the same problem with P2P and the speed is Strangulated

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35689

Harry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We've not made any changes to how we deliver p2p traffic over our network recently, so I'm not sure what might be causing this. Unfortunately I can't test this right now, I forgot to turn my computer on at home this morning, but I'll try it later on.
N/A

it is strange

Hello

Yep seems simiar, but only happened on sunday evening onwards.

Unless my account has been packet shaped, I may have to raise a support ticket

Online gaming is fine though as is normal http/tcp traffic

Oh well will see what happens
N/A

yeah other isps are seeing the same

Just been checking other isp forums (wont mention them here as this is a plus net forum)

they have been seeing the same

very bizarre
N/A

Odd, I was downloading a popular torrent this morning and was getting about 100KB\s. Seems very strange to only get 60KB\s on a linux distro. If I get poor speeds I try disconnecting the ADSL completely to see if I get connected via a different central. Its sped things up for me occasionally in the past (might just be a coincidence though).
N/A

yep bizarre

I will try again later in the week, not really bothering me at the moment as not that important, I can play online games fine and collect my email fine, so not that much of a problem.

BUT if after testing extensivlly later on this week and it still not has improved I will put a ticket in I suppose
N/A

It seams ok for me Downloading the KNOPPIX ISO at abut 230KB/sec

pic
N/A

well it is getting better

Hello Folks

Well it is gettting better, not as good as sunday morning but better.

Things I have done to make it better

turned off p2p protection on my anti-virus program (got a 8kb/s boost from that)

re-configured my firewall (about a 1kb/s boost)

re-configured my torrent program (made a huge difference - about a +10kb/s boost)

was patient and did not use force start

Now on a crappy torrent I am getting 12kb/s

on a average torrent I am getting average of 35kb/s

on a good torrent (linux distro) i am getting an average of 85kb/s

total average speed between all torrents is about 100kb/s approx

Not as good as it was, but much much better.

So not really plus nets fault, more like my own and expectations of what I wanted.

Will try and fine tune everything and see what I can get.

cheers all

darrenf (zippy666)
N/A

zippy666
Have a look at this page it just might help you. Wink
UPnP Help Page
N/A

thanks

Hello

Thanks for that, but I am using a binatone modem so not sure if that will help, will check it out on saturday though (pub time tonight Smiley
N/A

I had one torrent running @ between 150-190kps which was nice, That was about @ 10:30/11:00 and 6:45ish this morning. Quite nice speeds.