cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over the top usage

N/A

over the top usage

How is it bleedin' possible that I have a usage of of over 6 GB/day on a 512/256 kbps connection that never goes over 60KB/s (according to plusnet's own test speed and others as well).

If you download at 60KB/s 24h/day you still can't get past 4.94 GB/day !!!
And it's funny how this 6GB/day starting happening about 1month and a half ago, just when this fair usage thing was getting steam.

Don't say that I pay for a 512/256 but in effect I get a better one...cause I won't believe you.
7 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

over the top usage

Because the currnent View My Broadband Usage includes uploads as well.
Community Veteran

over the top usage

And will shortly be changed to show separate upload, download, peak and off-peak figures.
N/A

over the top usage

but isnt the upload AUP being scrapped like offpeak downloading?
N/A

over the top usage

Hi there,

This is correct under the new fair usage policy uploads will not be monitored, this may still be included in the tool as it may be handy for people to know.
N/A

over the top usage

oh yes, I can see it now at the bottom of the screen in small print...
Would it have hurt PlusNet to put it in plain sight? I've been checking my usage on that page quite regurlarly and I've never seen it.
Or was it left in small print just so the usage shown on the page will act as a scarecrow for people who didn't use other usage monitoring tools?
N/A

over the top usage

I never noticed that either. I suspect plusnet set their VMU on the greedy side, so they can charge more when people go over their fair usage allowance. :twisted: Just my view ofcourse.
N/A

over the top usage

Regarding the 'over the top usage' which you feel is not correct, have you checked your system for viruses or spyware ? Some peoples systems are being used to spam everyone and to bring down Websites without the users knowledge.

Jon