cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outage in the night?

N/A

outage in the night?

did anyone else experience any outage last night? I checked my scheduled downloads this morning only to find they hadn't done anything, when i looked at my router, there was an orange connection light flashing every now and again. Powered off the router and started it again, sync up again, and all lights on green again and now im all working, very weird.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

outage in the night?

just checked my router logs and I had no disconnections last night, alls been going smoothly since the random disconnections were sorted!
N/A

outage in the night?

fair enough, may of just been a once off then, i've got an engineer coming on monday though to look at the line noise/interference issue thats been outstanding for a month now maybe its somehow related.
N/A

outage in the night?

I had an outage. I had no connectivity this morning and had to recycle my router to resync DSL. I wasn't downloading anything, so just a minor annoyance.
N/A

outage in the night?

sounds similar to what i had, usually the router will re-sync up again after a minor connection issue, but it didn't and had to power off and on to get it back.
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hello, Well i have been upgrade but was not able to use the connection all night! - borning!

The router when it connected (which lasted no longer than 30secs-1min) was just over 4mb per sec, and a 448k upload speed.

Any one else been having problems? - is this a general fault with the trial, or is it just me!!

Not check it this morning, however i phoned Customer services and said that i have been connected for over 12 hours! - will check when i go home!
N/A

outage in the night?

when i spoke to customer services about my line noise issue, and random disconnects, they also said i'd been connected for over 48 hrs, however i do lose connection momenterally (Spelling?!) This is most noticeable over a terminal session when im trying to do something on my server at home and i get the disconnect icon flashing in the right hand corner.
N/A

outage in the night?

Thing is... i had no problems the night before, and had none for over 6 months. Then as soon as my exchange and i am upgraded to MAXdsl, problems? - however it is a trial, so i not really that worried about having a connection all the time just now, as long as they fix it as soon as they can!
jagger
Grafter

outage in the night?

I couldn't get anything at 1.15 this morning.
Connection said it was enabled but nothing was available.
No idea when it righted itself.
N/A

Same here

Had to bounce my router to reconnect this morning.
N/A

outage in the night?

looking like more of a general problem overnight then. Just out of curiousity, what area is everyone in? Im on exchange bamber bridge (LCBAB) in preston, lancashire.
jagger
Grafter

outage in the night?

Otford exchange in Kent.

I was on here this morning looking for a reason myself,but now think it was a general Plusnet thing in the early hours.Maintenance maybe,although I haven't gone looking for the answer since reading your post.
JonathanW
Grafter

outage in the night?

Hi,

There wasn't any maintenance carried out last night, and I've not seen anything flagged up as an internal outage. The best thing I can suggest is to drop your number into the exchange checker to see if BT have reported anything that would have affected you.
N/A

outage in the night?

looked at that, last outage was 25th Nov due to problems in edinburgh.
N/A

outage in the night?

Yep my connection was all over the place about 5 times from 1am onwards, it was fine again about an hour later.

As another OP said, my net was still connected, but I couldnt surf or connect to anything. I assumed it was the delayed BT maintenance that went ahead anyway, obviously not Evil

Edit: I'm in Wiltshire on the AG-2 node I believe.